on 29 July 2013
I liked this Asus product because of the excellent YouTube videos about this board, plus the ability to automatically overclock the system.
The build quality is really excellent, so why not 5 stars? This is because the Asus box and anti-static bag were not security sealed in any way. So how did I know if this was simply a return from somebody else? Anyway I decided to take the risk and the board has performed perfectly so far.
I like that the board has an on-board graphics facility, so I can build my system and install the OP, then purchase a proper graphics card later. Also having VGA and PS/2 connectors allowed me to temporarily connect an old monitor, keyboard and mouse.
Another reason for not giving 5 stars is that some of the much heralded features did not work straight out of the box, such as flashback to upgrade the BIOS. I had to upgrade the BIOS from the software built into the BIOS.
Be warned the board does have problems with the Noctua NH-U14S CPU fan assembly, (see my write-up on the NH-U14S).

I appreciate normally one doesn't leave delivery comments here, but for those who are interested:
I ordered this item with 1st class delivery (3 working days), but there was a problem between the courier company and Amazon. I understand that the courier picks up a large consignment from Amazon, and only when they get it back to the courier's premises do the individual items get tracked into their system.
So in my case, Amazon said it was `dispatched', and the courier company said they never received it. Clearly a feeling of piggy-in-the-middle here!
With some pressure from me, I was allowed to order the item again with express delivery, and Amazon refunded the cost of the original item plus the express delivery charge.
Well done Amazon, but perhaps the system shouldn't have allowed it to happen in the first place!

Edit:
Some programs which make use of the GPU would not work, so in the end I had to purchase a graphics card sooner than later.

Edit2:
The ASUS AI Suite 3 overclocking software keeps crashing on my system. A common problem according to the Internet. So I haven't been able to try any overclocking yet.
VINE VOICEon 28 January 2014
I have just used this to build a system based on an Intel i7 4770k with 16GB ram, a 2TB SSD/Mechanical hybrid boot drive,and a 3TB work drive. I am delighted with the performance of this motherboard with this system. It was a delight to install, there were so many things on the board designed to make life easier for the system builder. The top of the list was the small connector to plug all the 'system panel' connectors onto. Brilliant, why can't all boards come with this? It is always a bit of a pain putting these on a board once it is in a case. This way all the cables for the connectors can hang out of the case in the light where you can read their polarity etc, the plug them on the connector, in the light, then plug the whole thing in one simple fixing to the motherboard ...

I won't list all that is on the board, I am sure you have read that. But for an up-to-date MB (as at Jan 2014) this has got to be amongst the best for a home build. I recommend it.
on 1 December 2013
Generally very impressed with the abundance of features on this board. plenty of connectivity and a good layout.
Second to none fan control, you are able to define the location of fans in your box and control their speed absolutely with a scalable graph. You can also simply press 'tune' and the board will optimise the settings for you.

Be aware that there are very few USB2 ports, this is mainly geared up to USB3. I've gotten around this by using a USB hub so its no big issue for me.

I've had an awful lot of trouble with some USB devices, especially webcams. Various patches are being released by ASUS however and these are correcting the issues.

I would strongly recommend finding an update for the USB fast charge, as this gave me the most trouble. You will need Ai_charger update pack V1.00.01 at least. This took me a long time to figure out that it was the problem!

Last thing is that the onboard Bluetooth is pretty terrible. It's bluetooth V4 Atheros so I can only assume future updates should improve this.
on 20 September 2013
Built a PC for the first time in many years and happy to report back that not much have changed on that front. The motherboard was easy to work with, the key components are spaced out in a nice manner so connecting it all was straight forward. Only negative piece is maybe the price and the somewhat difficulty trying to read the manual with regards to what connections to use for some of the built in connectors for physical start/reset buttons etc. But a couple of web searches sorted that out.
on 14 November 2014
I have built and run an awesome machine based upon this MOBO for nearly a year. So delighted with it I am now building a second system for my wife based upon it. Really great Motherboard. Drives everything I have thrown at it from making and encoding HD video, running 64 bit Cubase 7.5 and Reason with multiple tracks and instruments as well as many of the latest games.

I cannot imagine needing anything more than what this MOBO provides.
on 22 November 2013
Giving me very stable and solid performance when paired with Core i7 4770 and HyperX Gensis RAM. Windows 8.1 picks up almost all of the drivers on fresh install so you'll have Wifi, LAN and video working out of the box.
on 23 January 2014
I bought this board as an upgrade for a new machine I was building; Asus is very reliable and I have used them twice in the past for MB's.
Unfortunately the board I received was faulty and would not function as it should. I am not a novice at building computers and was very disappointed.
However I must say that Amazon were excellent. I spoke with a young man on the phone (I wasn't sure how to go about returns as I have never had to return anything bought previously from Amazon), and he explained the whole process to me and promised to have a replacement delivered by special delivery. I was with me in 2 days , and this was during the Christmas week!!!!
I have now completed the new build and it works perfectly. I guess I was just unlucky with the first MB.
Great service from Amazon.
Thanks
on 15 October 2014
Installed onto a Corsair Obsidian Series 750D case without problems. takes on Hyper 212 Evo perfectly. locations of fan ports are evenly dispersed. wifi is average. Bios is very good with easy overclocking features. many usb3 ports which is good future proofing. location of sata ports is perfect.
on 24 October 2013
This is actually the smoothest experience I've had installing a motherboard. I must say I was very very pleased with the step by step instructions which walk you through installing everything, even the motherboard itself has a lot of useful labels on it to indicate what different things do.
on 17 May 2016
This motherboard is super fast compared to anything I've built before. With a i5 4670k clocked processor, decent ram, a SSD for booting and a standard HD for storage, a dedicated GFX card I'm now able to play every game I own in full anilise, all I need now is a decent monitor!