on 8 January 2014
I would 100% recommend this product to any parent. It is fun, user friendly, educational and convenient. Perfect for long journeys or even around the house. It's gratifying to know as a parent that your child is both being entertained as well as being educated. I worried that the educational element may make the leappad boring, especially as my son already has an iPad and both wii consoles-I was doubtful that he would be fooled! But he absolutely loves it!

One major issue though is the battery life. The leappad requires 4 AA batteries which last roughly 4 hours! Very frustrating! When purchasing this it is imperative to also purchase rechargeable batteries and a battery recharger. It's a shame that the LeapPad doesn't come with an integrated battery as that is the only thing I feel really lets the product down.

Also worth noting, this product does not come with the monster university game which much be purchased separately.
on 30 December 2013
I managed to get this on the Black Friday deals for my nephew for Xmas. Money well spent it kept him quiet for a few hours, plus you get £15 download voucher to add more games
on 8 May 2014
Great for the price but only if you have the recharge kit will it be worth it as it eats through more battery's then fat men eat doughnuts
on 31 December 2013
I bought this cut price as a black Friday deal. It's a Christmas present for my son who will be 3 in Feb. After buying it I worried that it would be too advanced for him, and that he wouldn't be interested. The opposite has been true on both counts. It was an instant hit and has become a firm favourite. May need to look into rechargeable batteries for it though.
on 10 July 2014
Fab for ages 2 and up. Really nice design, battery operated so does go through betteries AA size. What I would say is a negative is the green 'mike' face is a silicone cover rather then a case like the disney princess one so there is nowhere to keep the games. So the disney pricess equivolent I found more helpful. Otherwise all positive
on 15 March 2014
We bought this instead of an incar DVD player as we thought it would help keep our son entertained on longer car journeys. He enjoys playing games on it and taking pictures with the camera round the house. The monsters inc theme is great too and makes it a little bit different.
on 8 March 2014
I am a bit concerned mine keeps turning off but might be the mains lead I have, although its new too. Keep receipt just in case its the leap pad 2. My daughter is 3 and has great fun and can be left alone with it. I don't recommend Toy Story reading game its awful!!
on 3 October 2013
my son just turn 2 and he always played on his sister one now he has his own he loves it, he takes it to bed with him every night to watch videos and plays draws and reads book in the day best thing ever :-)
on 28 August 2015
Bought two of these for my boys ( one has a fault where it doesn't come on unless u give it a bang. Its had this fault since day one) they seemed great at first. Easy to set up, easy to transfer games and apps from purchases online on a computer or laptop. My children love them. At the time of writing though I would say dont buy! They run on 4x AA batteries, which last about a day!. There's newer versions available at the moment for a decent price that have power leads. You can't seem to get the rechargeable battery packs for these anymore either
on 4 August 2014
I got this for my 18 month old to distract him from my iPad and he absolutely loves it! He has thomas the tank series and knows exactly how to turn it on and loves drawing with all the colours.

So many things he can use and play with as he gets older but for now he is more than happy with his leappad