on 19 January 2018
Perfect for 6 year old to be read to or read themselves - large print, language largely accessible - without being oversimplified.

Of course quite a bit of detail is lost as is the writing style, but we could not manage the full version, it was too intricated for my child. This one was perfect to understand the story.
on 12 January 2016
What an exciting pop up book the best I've ever read..This was a book for my friends little girl aged 4 and she squealed with delight when she saw it. I think my 10 yr granddaughter wud have liked one for herself but while the books are great value the exchange rate of sterling against Euro (Ireland) make them very expensive.The sound brought it all together a really impressive book..well done!!
on 7 August 2013
Not knowing what a "bed book" was, I decided to read the reviews....and so decided it would be ideal for me.
However, when this came I realised the reviews were not for the advertised copy, they are for the illustrated books. I was greatly disappointed in this as it has no illustrations at all and is purely a paperback printed so that it makes easy reading if lying down.
This is a very misleading advert and suggest the sellers correct this before they have more complaints.
on 26 February 2015
A great little introduction to the world of Peter Pan, I would recommend reading this before reading 'Peter and Wendy', JM Barrie's main book about Peter Pan.

One thing that I would say (hence the 4-star review) is that JM Barrie's writing style is much more akin to a story teller, rather than describing events impartially, which broke suspension of disbelief a few times for me. It's not a huge issue, but did reduce my enjoyment slightly.
on 7 September 2015
Hmmm. I bought this because despite having seen many versions of Peter Pan on TV and film, I'd never actually read the book. I don't know what children were like in JM Barrie's day but a few chapters in I think this is an adult book or at least teenagers. It's violent, highly thought provoking and mysterious. Some very nasty people in this story.
on 20 December 2017
This is a gorgeous edition of Peter Pan with beautiful silver gilding on the cover and many full page illustrations within the book. I absolutely love the Barnes & Noble Leatherbound Collection! Would recommend this book to every fairy tale or Disney fan out there.
on 11 September 2015
This is such a beautiful book. My 3 year old son loves the pop up pictures and sounds. Although it's a bit long to read as a whole book at the moment each double page is almost like a separate story which is really handy.
Definitely recommend as they will grow with it.
Really brings this magical story to life :)
on 2 September 2017
An interesting introduction into how the boy who never grows up became as he has grown to be loved. With some stories you would never have thought of as true. A worthwhile read.
on 8 December 2012
As a lifelong fan of Peter Pan, I can't believe I have only just read this book. It is a lovely collection of stories about the origin of our favourite boy who would never grow up, and it is interesting to spot the ideas and character traits which were later re-used in the novel "Peter and Wendy", and to know where they originally came from. It could almost act as a prologue for "Peter and Wendy" except that Peter is much younger in this version. For anyone who reads and enjoys this, I recommend reading the original "Peter and Wendy" (also free to download from Kindle eBooks) and vice versa.
on 21 March 2015
A 'must have' for young and old. My wife and I took our great-grandchildren to see Peter Pan as a Christmas play and I thought I should read the story before we went. ....... Absolutely fascinating and really great writing! Both stories in this book come to you as stimulating and enjoyable experiences, recreating a little of the wonderful world of childhood and 'imagination' for 'young people' of any age..