Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

on 3 December 2013
Tamriel is a journalist on the lookout for the story of her career. She finds a great story, but she can’t actually tell anyone about it as she is right in the middle of it!

Tamriel finds herself being told she is a werewolf, and unable to believe it she tries to continue with her day to day life. She very quickly finds that almost impossible to do as she is drawn further into the world of paranormal creatures she had believed was just a myth up until now.

The author has written a book which drew me in. The descriptive work is extremely good. I could almost see in my head what was happening as I read the words on the page. For a debut book the author has written something which I believe is fields ahead of the competition.

I loved the relationship between Tamriel and Leyth. She was just a job to him, but over the years has become a lot more. But will Tamriel turn her back on Leyth as she finds out more about his world?

All in all a great first book which I highly recommend. Book 2 is out now, see below for more details.
on 8 July 2013
I absolutely loved this book, I can see author Hannah Pole having an exceptional career if this debut novel is anything to go by.
From reading this book you just get the sense that there's no way that this could be a debut novel, it feels as if this is the work of someone who's been writing for years and has a library of books to their name, that's how well written this was.
As soon as I saw the cover and read the synopsis I was sold, anything paranormal and I'll devour it and this was no exception!
The author's take on all the mythological beings throughout the story was so fresh and different than what I normally read in a book of this genre, which made me love it all the more.
The characters were well written and fleshed out and added to the intriguing storyline.
Tamtriel 'Tam' and Leyth have such great chemistry together that I found myself egging them on throughout, eager for them both to admit their feelings towards one another, and really happy when they finally did.
I'm really excited that there will be a second book based on a different couple, and I hope that there's many more to come, I'm now invested in this world that Hannah has created, and will eagerly await each instalment in this series.
My only complaint is that you can only buy this in ebook form, I would have loved a physical copy for my bookshelf.
Hannah you've definitely found yourself a fan and I look forward to many more books in the future.
I give this 5/5 Stars.
on 12 July 2013
Set not too far from my own home, not too far underground is a kingdom to which I'm sure I belong...Nah! Just wishing! This is an amazing debut book featuring not just the common werewolves and vampires but also magi, wiccans (not witches, and I was dancing for joy to discover that!) shifters and a myriad of other mythical creatures. They are brought to life with the threat of the Circle and being turhned (you don't want that to happen. Believe me!) Loved the slow developing, steamy romance and strong female character! Well done!...and cannot wait to read the next book! Cliffhanger endings are AWESOME!
on 27 June 2013
Loved it. Simple as that. It has everything you need to keep you gripped: an mysterious and exciting lead character, plots, twists, obsession and obviously a good amount of love tales and violence thrown in. I would, and have, reccommend it to friends.
What made this book for me was the heroine Tamriel. She is strong and feisty and utterly believable. The hero was super hot but for me the story was all about Tamriel.
On a side note, the formatting of the book was a little off putting at the start. There was only about 1/2 page of text per page. At first this drew me out of the story but the writing was so good I forgot about it, which says a lot because I am very OCD!
on 3 July 2013
I do enjoy a bit of Urban Fantasy and this is an enjoyable bit to be sure! the characters draw you in from the start and by the end feel like friends you don't want to bid farewell. The action and suspense will take you on a roller coaster ride of emotions and keep you reading until the small hours, not daring to leave the narrative because you just have to know where it's going. To say I thoroughly enjoyed this book would be to do it a disservice. It is a fantastic work of fiction and a great read.
on 15 October 2013
Oh my goodness what a book. Fantastic description, creative plot, impossible-not-to-love characters, and a cracking ending... This series is shaping up to be an epic if it carries on this way!! Watch this space...
on 21 September 2013
As a new author to myself I found this story based in England to be entertaining and a great read although in parts I wandered from page to page I would recommend this to all who like books of this genre.
on 27 October 2013
Really good story and totally not as I expected and once you start reading you just have to carry on. You just want to know if our heroine sorts it all out!
on 22 September 2013
Not really my sort of book but compelling in its strange way -especially the romantic element. I carried on to the end.
Certainly one for fantasy lovers