on 29 July 2013
This is, in my opinion, an unusual yet superb album. With a misleading black metal image crossed with Catholicism, one always knew Powerwolf was not going to be a band taking itself too seriously. Despite the image, however, this is definitely power metal (there is no shrieking or growling of any kind), and the lyrics are obviously not truly in favour of Catholicism. Generally the songs are lyrically serious enough, at least on the surface of things, yet with occasional humourous sections - "Coleus Sanctus" is instantly funny if one understands Latin. Other Latin sections appear briefly, along with some German. All in all, this is very similar to Powerwolf's previous album, so fans will know exactly what to expect - there are no changes or nasty surprises, this is straight-up classic power metal at its best. It is somewhat similar in style to Sabaton, whom I can also recommend strongly, but this is still a unique band with a distinct sound. The running time is approximately 45:32 seconds. The 2 CD deluxe edition, which is a nicely bound digibook, contains a bonus CD of orchestral versions of four of the songs. Overall, I do not think there is a single weak song on the album, and I strongly recommend it to everyone who loves either power metal or epic music in general.
on 29 January 2014
Solid, heavy, melodic, atmospheric power metal with themes of religion and lycanthopy. What more could you want? The best music I've heard since I discovered Alestorm a couple of years ago. This was my first Powerwolf album, but certainly not my last. Fantastic musicianship and singing, plus unashamedly catchy songs that refuse to leave my head. Time to catch up with the back catalogue!
on 24 July 2015
if this is power metal then its some of the best I know as I wouldn't be a big fan of the genre but this is pure gravy, anthemic, punchy brilliant metal with great vocals and melodies, if you like me aren't too mad on king diamond like vocals then this is up your street, have a test on youtube by all means and then buy this and thank me later, metal brilliance.
on 25 July 2013
has some similarity to rammstein ; has some rousing choruses ; however, feel it could benefit from introduction of guitar-riffs into the proceedings to liven things up, and to compliment the strong vocals with an instrument in addition to the organ !
on 1 September 2013
Everything went great, low price and fast delivery. Excellent band and album. One of my favourites. I can recommend this to every power / heavy metal listener
on 3 October 2013
This is they're best work to date!!!
Awesome !!!
Musically and lyrical Powerwolf have really raised they're game .
Enough said !
on 12 April 2015
Great. So good I had to buy event tickets to see them live!

Great songs, great guitar. It had led me to buy more POWERWOLF music.
on 25 February 2014
it's a really good album and hope to hear from them more, package wasn't damage on arrival and CD works.
on 12 April 2015
Great stuff, only just found them on youtube. I HAD to buy this album. Great fun album!
on 2 July 2016
I so happy about this cd is totally brilliant well worth the money