on 29 May 2013
I loved this! It's so engaging and incredibly sweet. I'd read all the Shapeshifters first so had wondered about Tyrone and how he got the way he is, he seemed a lovely character in those books, and he really is delightful. There is also another character who we meet later on in the Shapeshifter books, Chambers, and it's interesting to see where he came from as well.

The adventure moves at a pace, introducing some great characters along the way. I really adored Sam, and there's some more foreshadowing there. Even though it's easy to work out where it's heading, it's still really exciting along the way, and there is genuine tension in the plot.
on 19 March 2014
What more can I say about Ali Sparkes. I've loved all her books so far but was a little trepidatious about the shapeshifter series.
This seemed a good place to start and what an enjoyable read peopled with believable characters and a gripping tale.
Will definitely have to read the shapeshifter ones now.
on 3 September 2013
This is the book that got my son reading. I first read it under the title of Miganium (early published work) but it hooked him so much that he now reads almost as much as me - his genre being magical reality. Ali has a great sense of humour and isn't as sentimental as some children's authors so her stuff is imaginative, gripping and gritty and always with a laugh. Great stuff.
on 9 February 2016
This was good, but a bit far fetched

I enjoyed everything Ali Sparkes has written, but this one a bit less so
on 6 June 2017
good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 30 June 2015
Good stand alone story, and suggestion of prequel to the Shapeshifter series.
on 4 December 2013
My 9 year old son loved this book, it was the first book by Ali Sparkes he has read and has asked for more for Christmas. He was delighted to be able to actually meet the author at his school last week and get his copy signed.
on 11 September 2013
My son loved this book. Ali Sparkes has a way with her writing that just works with young lads. Well deserves all the plaudits.
on 28 August 2015
Perfect my Grand-daughter loved this book and an excellent price too!
on 14 October 2017
Bought for my son , he loved it .