on 27 August 2013
I have several GPS devices which I use for both hill walking and running. I was in the market for a replacement for my Garmin 405 which for many reasons has never quite lived up to its billing (build quality, battery life, software issues etc.).

I read several reviews comparing the Suunto Ambit 2 and its main competitor, the Garmin Fenix. I also compared the build and feel quality of both in person prior to opting for the Suunto Ambit 2. In my mind, the quality of the Suunto is vastly superior to that of the Garmin and the option of selecting Hiking mode means that I will never again be on the hills and find myself out of battery power after only 4-5 hours.

I have had a month of use so far and I am extremely satisfied with my purchase. It's at the top end cost wise of such devices, but it does everything that I wish in one quality device. It is also extremely easy to customise via the Movescount software that is intuitive to use.

If you are in the market for a GPS watch that covers running, cycling, walking, hiking, swimming etc. then I can thoroughly recommend it to you.
on 12 November 2014
gt watch,prompt delivery,time to start running for the bus.
on 12 October 2014
Brilliant watch. Amazon delivered it. So all good
on 16 February 2014
Well featured sports watch - highly customisable to suit personal requirements.
Lost one star as the the metal bezel seems a bit too vuluniable to scuffing. Otherwise a good watch.

See one answered question