Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.63

on 23 August 2013
My boys aged 7 and 10 absolutely loved this story, I read it to them whilst we drove to the South of France and they were completely hooked by the story. Can't wait for the follow up.
on 23 June 2013
I loved the book. It is beautifully written, well structured, each chapter leads effortlessly into the next, so you desperately want to carry on reading. The characters are so lifelike and the descriptions of places and scenes so vibrant that one can see them, feel them and smell them. It's like you are right there, in the atmosphere of the plot. Amazing ending, I can't wait to read the next book, which must surely follow!
on 9 July 2013
I am a granny of 60 and I read the book in one breath. It is sparkling like the City of Jewels and exciting like Emira, the white tiger. Sharat, his sister Aya, Rookh, the Queen of the Forest - all come alive. Perhaps James Cameron will like to film it? The story is not less than the one in Avatar. Buy it, read it, give it as a present, it is just great!
on 9 September 2013
Tiger Thief follows a young circus boy named Sharat, who looses his tiger performing for the emperor.
On his search he meets a young girl who becomes a close friend of his, and together they seek answers to who has his tiger while discovering more about their past and destiny than they intended.

honestly, the cover is the best thing about this book.

I picked this out after reading the back thinking it sounded like a interesting read, instead im faced with a boy who whines on about how he lost his tiger and just wants her back, no other motive.
I was expecting the story to be full of adventure, magic, Jinni's, and light hearted humor.
when it was a pinch of magic here and there and a boring main character that did nothing to entertain like his job role (as a circus boy) entails.

I found for a kids book that there was nothing to actually keep the reader engaged, i found myself easily distracted from the book and often wondering when something was going to happen.

the sewer girls held a little bit of interest but were in the story for a brief period.The girl Nara has a stronger character than the main character which would have been perfect...if she were in it more.

my favorite character was the parrot Ripi, for no other reason than he was a typical parrot.
on 7 September 2013
I found The Tiger Thief unputdownable. The story grips you from the beginning and takes you seamlessly through a myriad of visually rich scenes and adventures which are set in a land like India, only more magical and ancient. The relationship between Sharat and his tiger is genuinely moving, as is the relationship that unfolds between him and Aya, the new friend he encounters on his journey. By the end of the story I was completely emotionally involved with the characters.
The author has managed to write a story shot through with rich visual imagery and inventiveness and create original, ghastly and sometimes funny creatures. There are also nice moral messages woven into the plot. I loved this book as an adult and I imagine that children will be absolutely absorbed and genuinely moved by it. I have bought a copy for all my nephews and nieces!
on 19 February 2014
A magical story of loss and discovery in a mysterious and mystical land. Michaela Clarke's fantasy story of the circus boy Sharat and his determined quest against all odds to find his beloved tiger Emira will appeal to both teenage and adult readers alike. It fizzes with adventure and wonder, and this is only the first part of a trilogy that promises to be an epic. It's a page-turner that'll keep you up long after others have gone to bed and possibly still up when others are getting up! Immersing yourself in this richly woven tale is a bit like having a luxury bubble bath while drinking a chocolate smoothie! Do yourself a favour and lose yourself in this classic tale of good versus evil!
on 10 November 2014
Michaela Clarke is a miracle. She weaved magic into every page of that book. A good book always needs to make you feel as though you are experiencing everything that the main character is feeling. It was well structured, appropriate for 10+ and beautifully written with a complex storyline. I couldn't put it down. It was an extraordinarilyamazinglygood book. I can't wait frontier sequel, which must follow. The only improvement I could make is that Michaela could have made the ending a bit more surprising or added a twist. Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #cool
on 14 July 2013
My husband has been reading the Tiger Thief to our children and he has been so impressed by the creative storytelling, how much our 6 and 8 year olds girls are involved in it, and how wonderfully written it is. He is out of town, so I started reading it at chapter thirteen and couldn't put it down! My children were asleep and I wanted to continue. Looking forward to tomorrow night! Highly recommended for any creative mind at any age! Spread the word, the book and look forward to more by Michaela Clarke!
on 8 July 2013
Beautifully written, with just enough magic to make it believable, this exciting adventure unravels in an India which is both familiar, exotic, and above all, colourful. There is an underlying spiritual flow throughout the book reminding us of our obligations to the environment and its natural balance. Yes, this is written for older children, but will be enjoyed equally by young-minded adults. A splendid debut novel. I can't wait for the follow-up, and the film interpretation.
on 26 February 2014
This is a super read and captivates with the exotic adventure, magic and excitement. All children love a circus and the characters are immediately sympathetic and interesting. My daughter also loved that she shares her name with one of the elephants. She is desperate for the sequel as she felt it ended with a cliff hanger. More please and soon!