on 19 February 2014
This purchase was a little more than I can afford so I wanted so much to hate it! (So I could return it!) however, it arrived promptly (free super saver postage within 3 days) the box was very large and quite heavy so a good sign I thought. Couldn't wait to open it (and remove the two screws on the back before use with enclosed Allen key) slightly disappointed when I opened it, it looks like a car seat really. I was concerned it would not be suitable to use on a sofa but with the right positioning of several cushions I found the perfect position for me. Pressed the 'demo' button on the remote (nice looking remote actually) and it have me a two minute example of everything. It was all very nice.

The machine is quite loud so you can't really have it on while watching a film with others as they would get slightly annoyed. That's also a reason for 4 stars it sounds like you have two robots working overtime on your back so not all that relaxing.

Don't worry about reviews re the shoulder massage section, it didnt sit anywhere near me at first but once I had played about with the positioning on the remote I found the right position, however as the machine massages your upper back it pushes you forward and away from the shoulder massager so that's a bit disappointing.

I have had massage cushions before and they can hurt, this doesn't it is just right. Not too firm and definitely not too soft. The heat is quite good on this too.

Overall, it is good for targeting aching muscles/areas. The variety is impressive. The rolling massage is a nice change. (They could have added vibration really but not neccassary)

This is not even close to have a human massage and no massage product is most probably. However if you can afford it (do not pay more than £160) and you have aching muscles, do hard labour or work out at the gym regularly it's a lovely luxury product to have.

The power chord is longer than most so that's good. The remote is simple to use. The seat is relatively comfy to keep on the designated chair but it would be nice if you you rest your head back on it comfortably.
on 21 May 2016
I have fibromialgia and sciatica so am in pain all the time. Buying this massaging chair was a godsend.

Initially, because my muscles are so tender, it did hurt me and I worried if I had made a mistake. For the first week I had trouble standing upright after using it. However I persevered. I now use it for about twenty minutes every day and although I am still in pain, my muscles feel much less tight. A real joy. Well worth the money!!!
on 11 February 2016
The best features about this product is the ability to massage the shoulders and the manipulate the placement, and the gel balls which make it less harsh on the back compared to other chair massagers of its kind. Appears good quality and has lasted 9 months so far.
on 30 August 2015
Does as advertised
on 4 August 2017
A bit heavy. Best with tall chair.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 12 August 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
[Review updated 6 months after purchase]

First off, the chair itself is absolutely wonderful - wasn't really sure what to expect, but whatever expectations I had were exceeded. Very easy to setup, and within a minute I was sitting getting a nice massage.

The shiatsu massage setting is very powerful, and really hits those hard to reach spots really well. I thought it might struggle with my full weight leaning against it, but it just powers through.

Highly recommended, wish I had got one years ago!

However, (this is an update on the original review) the chair only lasted about 6 months. On examination, it seems there is an internal fabric panel between the massage nodes and the main fabric of the chair. This was worn through in a place that then made the node get caught in the hole, and prevent the node from moving. I can't really see chairs lasting long with this defect, as don't see how the fabric would ever stand up to constant rubbing and heat from the nodes.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 7 May 2014
I agree with the other reviewers but just wanted to draw attention to a few things:

1. If you're hesitating between this model and the Homedics CBS-1000 Max, one very important difference is that this model will do BOTH your shoulders and your back at the same time. By contrast the 1000 Max will only travel up and down. I find that having both done together is much more relaxing and allows you to insist on two tights spots at one go.

2. If you are, like me, 1.64m (I think about 5' 4'') you'll need a cushion for the machine to be able to massage your shoulders, even once you've brought down the massaging module to its lowest point. But that is true also of the Max, alas, the design is more readily suitable for men than for (shortish) women.

3. The gel nodules on this one are more comfortable than the regular massaging balls if you are on the skinny side or have a delicate back.

In both cases the heat is very nice. I found the thigh vibrating function on the Max useless, although its seat is more comfortable. But on the whole being able to have both shoulders and (lower) back massaged at the same time was a decisive consideration for me.

Hope this helps!
VINE VOICEon 4 August 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is wonderful. Looks like a bit of a car seat which you simply strap to an ordinary chair (dining room not armchair) put the chair near an electic socket then take a seat. Pick from any of the choices gel massaging in the lower back, upper back or whole back, shiatsu massage of lower back, upper back or whole back. Plus it does a simple shoulder massage which you can raise or lower depending upon us height, extremely useful in our household as there is half a foot in height between the tallest and the shortest.
There is a handy control panel on the right side with a pouch to put it in, that highlights all the different programme, really easy to read plus it has spot massages so you can pick a point on your back that needs work. There is also a heat setting that works only when the massage is switched on all really easy to work out.
It recommends that you don't use it for more than twenty minutes and cuts out after your time is up. Very pleased with it and very comfortable althought I did have an urge to giggle when it first started that soon gave way to groans of pleasure as it worked away my knots on my backs. Now having written my review I am off for a shoulder massage!
on 3 February 2016
I love this massager. I use it as part of my daily routine now. I just strap it to my dining chair or place it on my sofa. At first I didn't find the shoulder massage that effective but YOU CAN ADJUST THE SHOULDER MASSAGE BY PRESSING and HOLDING the DOWN ARROW ON THE TOP SECTION OF REMOTE CONTROL and the ROLLER MOVES DOWN ONTO YOUR SHOULDERS! You got nothing to loose really because many of them don't come with shoulder massage and you still pay a lot more for them. It's NOT TOO NOISY and I love the HEAT OPTION! It times out after 15 minutes but ready to start again immediately if required.
on 20 November 2015
Brilliant when it works... but have had 2 now and they both had problems with the internal balls catching on something like thread of material inside which makes it unusable. Had to return both for exchange. Lets see how the third one goes!