on 5 July 2013
The cookery book is all I'd hoped for. Clear instructions from Mary B. Suggestions for improvising ingredients if you cant get everything at your local supermarket. I have cooked 10 of her recipes so far, everything worked and family very impressed ( so am I). Really pleased with the book. I can see myself using it for years.
on 14 August 2013
Where would I be without Mary?. I love Nigella,Jamie and Delia too, but for everyday great food with fresh ingredients you can't beat Mary. Having said that I have had some wonderful dinner parties with her recipes so she goes beyond family meals. If you don't want a list of ingredients that you will have to drive all over town to collect this book is for you. My children have been raised on Mary's recipes and they are all healthy eaters and love cooking.
This book has a whole range of recipes for all types of meals. There are also really useful tips, techniques and good photographs if you want to try something new or just check that you have been doing it right all these years. If you have a vegetable garden there are lots of good recipes for fresh veg as the main item of the meal as well. I can honestly say that I have never had a bad meal from her books, they are just so well wrtitten and simple to follow. Some of the TV chefs can be so "up themselves" they just do strange and complicated just things to show off. Mary Berry never does.
on 18 June 2014
I bought the kindle version and the bar doesn't come up at the top of the page, so there's no option to Go To or Bookmark. If you want to find a particular recipe you just have to scroll through until you come to it.
I'd definitely recommend it for the recipes and tips though, just don't get the kindle version.
on 1 January 2015
I tried two recipes from this book yesterday, potato leek soup and apple pie (first time baking apple pie!), I strictly followed Mary's instruction and both gave great result! I am really impressed ! And I love this book as there is picture for every recipe and it teaches a lot of basic but essential cooking techniques!
on 3 January 2014
Such a brilliant cookbook and so easy to follow. I got one for my birthday and then night one for my dad who has since brought all my cousins one and I got colleagues at work to get one too. Fantastic beginners book to and very clear instructions.
on 8 January 2014
I have lots of cookery books but for baking this is definitly the best. Mary Berry recipes are so simple but the results are fantastic.
on 9 January 2014
EASY TO FOLLOW RECIPES I CAN WAIT TO MAKE THEM FOR MY FAMILY YUMMY THE ILLUSTRATION ARE EXCELLENT MAKES YOU WANT TO MAKE THEM ALL
on 5 September 2015
Once again another excellent cookery book from Mary Berry.
I never used to buy her books as I am not really into baking, but after watching her tv program I thought, this lady does nice easy to follow recipes and bought Mary Berry's Favourties and have made several recipes and followed them to the T
Then bought Mary Berry's Cooks and again have tried several and all have come out excellent and family and friends have all commented how nice the dishes have been.
So Mary Berry's Cookery Course. I thought why do I need a cookery course, I have been cooking since I was 14 years old and its my passion and a way to relax. But I bought it, I thought if its to simple I will give it to my local MacMillan Shop, but how wrong was I !!
Lots of excellent tips, lots of excellent recipes and again simple, things that you will have in your store larder, Nothing complicated, A great book for beginners, but also a excellent book just for the tips and things you have forgotten.
Great photo's, Nice tips at the bottom of each page.
Favourite recipe so far, Lamb Tagine, followed her recipe, but I cooked mine in my large slow cooker, Had friends round for supper and it was ready when I arrived home, just to add Couscous, Kitchen smelled lovely. Friends loved the dish and it was like all of Mary's recipes nice and easy to make.
Its also got things like Best Cuts, Temperatures & Timings for Meats, all meats on a separate page.
Technique finder on basic skills, preparing things like livers, chicken, fish.
Her usually Masterclass pages, on Making Pastry,
Secrets to success on Puddings
Master recipe on Victoria Sandwich Cake
Master recipes on Double crust apple pie
Master recipes on Breads
Mary's success on vegetable and side dishes

Am I glad I bought it YES, well worth the money and now on the kitchen counter and flicking through different pages, Today recipes for dinner, Mary's good old English Prawn Cocktail, the first time I made this was in 1968, Mary's masterclass for roast pork with home made apple sauce & to finish Mary's Chocolate Mocha Mouse, with a touch of Baileys (my added ingredient)
on 26 March 2013
Bought to replace an older very used and loved copy! Beautiful recipes and lovely in hard back. Quick postage, good quality packaging and good feedback :)
on 7 February 2016
Going through my recipe book collection, the majority of the books I have are Mary's. When buying recipe books for my son I had no doubt that this one would be perfect for him.
Lovely book, well set out and I really like the way each recipe is photographed, then some of the steps are also pictured, instead of just described.
This was well received