on 22 January 2016
Brilliant book. I switched my lunchtime eating habits last year in order to aid weight loss. This book has so many recipes I haven't got near to making all of them but the 150 or so that I have made have been excellent.

Top tip - it is unlikely that you will make a soup every day but by following the months through you can easily find in season veg to make something from that section.

I reserve a special amount of despise for companies that cash in on such a simple and cheap product however I tip my hat to New Covent Garden Food co for sharing their recipes, it's up to you to not be so lazy with your cash now. I would re-name this The Soup Bible!
on 10 February 2017
I've ditched my other 4 soup books as all their recipes are in here! Lots of ideas, even if a lot of them contain sugar and/or cream, I will just skip those (and add lentils!). Won't need another soup book I don't think.
on 29 February 2016
Love this. Even the Turnip and Cabbage soup which sounds stomach-curdling until you try it. Lots of variations and lots of inspiration too. I have the hard back copy. Don't expect photos, just great recipes.
on 1 March 2017
I thought this book was specifically for soup maker machines (my mistake); disappointed that there are no pictures of the soup when made.
on 9 May 2016
Great soup book with easy to follow recipes and well set out. Good index and a great range of soups to try. I searched around for a good soup book for a while and this one is by far the best. Also it is hardback and rather large- the pictures give te impression it is smaller?
on 28 April 2016
Some good recipes but others are more like lumps of meat/fish in liquid or have a ring to them that is not to my taste. But, some really good content so plenty of ideas to make good soups within this book.
on 24 April 2016
My freezer is bulging with soup! I love this book - the recipes are so simply laid out and soup can be made in such a short time. I would have give 5* if it was totally vegetarian as I don't like meat soups but it's a really a great addition to my cookery book collection
on 25 February 2015
This is a brilliant book for both beginner and advanced soup makers. I bought this as a gift for my boyfriends sister last year and I had to get myself one. The downfall is that there isnt pictures to accompany them which would of been nice. Theres a wide variety of soups to try even sweet soups which I hadnt heard of before! I showed this my mum and shes already book marked a lot of pages, I think i'll have to get her a copy aswell.
on 7 April 2015
This is a beautifully produced book. I have already made one recipe and am looking forward to trying some of the others. I'm only giving 4 stars though because some of the soups are a little on the fancy side and can be quite time consuming but overall there are enough basic recipes to make it a worthwhile buy.
on 16 August 2017
This is such a great book. Every recipe I have tried has been delicious. Bit variable on the accuracy for how much each recipe serves.