on 28 August 2013
I upgraded the motherboard/cpu/ram in my build using windows 8, all I had to do is plug everything in and it all works! no reformatting needed :)

The bios is very extensive and is UEFI so it can use a mouse.

SSD speeds are good, and the audio is more than enough in my opinion (I am coming from a X-Fi titanium and I thyink the quality is just as good).

a stupidly large number of USB3 ports are there and theres plenty of SATA ports too (which plug into the side I might add, a much better layout).

I cant imagine any reason to buy a more expensive board than this one for Haswell, it does everything already and if your overclocking the money can be put towards better cooling (Haswell overclocks are more thermally limited anyway).
on 25 November 2013
Im not a computer expert but this was easy ti install in my fractal design case, lots of connectors and a good price. I had originally bought a gigabyte h87 but unfortunately this had damaged cpu pins. Amazon kindly allowed me return and upgrade to this board.
The bios seems light years ahead of the dos based i used on my last comp. To be honest I chose this just in case I wanted to upgrade my cpu (haswell 4570s) to one which i could overclock. Definitely worth the money.
on 17 September 2013
This was my first computer build and this motherboard provided me with such an easy set up. The board itself looks very cool and professional. There is extensive amounts of ports for USB3.0, wish there were a few more 2.0 tbh. But that isn't so bad. All the ports seem to be in the right arrangement to give you the best looking build in terms of cable management. The Sata ports being on the side, and the CPU mounted up to gives you lot's of room to run the ATX and sata cables.
I would highly recommend this product!
on 26 May 2014
Happy with it. Had two gigabyte motherboards before this one and they have never let me down.
- 1 star bacause I cannot figure out why wake on LAN (WOL) is not working - with my previous motherboards I was able to switch on my PC remotely with iPhone, for some reason it doesn't work anymore with this motherboard.
Important note to upgraders: your old SSD might not work with haswell architecture. I had two SSD's and none of them worked as they had 1st gen Sandforce controller which is not supported by haswell, so make sure that your SSD has got different controller.
Once again: The first generation Sand Force (SF-12xx) controllers are incompatible with Haswell!
on 4 May 2014
This was the second of these that I bought in quick succession. In fitting the processor to the first one, because of my clumsiness, I managed to bend some of the pins in the socket and made the motherboard useless. I should have been much more gentle with it - it's not at all technically difficult to fit. Having said that, now that my computer is up and running, I'm absolutely delighted with it. The speed is superb and there are no problems in use. The manuals that come with it are easy to read and very helpful. The price was excellent - pity I had to buy two!
on 11 May 2014
This is the 4th build I have done and it was by far the easiest. Fantastic motherboard for the new 4th generation of Intel processors.
on 15 May 2014
Managed to survive me inserting the wrong CPU (1155) - don't ask, and turning on the power!!.... Only downside is that the side SATA connector may conflict with any drives installed in the case, assuming you have at least 6!

Overall very good board, got another one for the 1155 CPU that I wrongly ordered, have now got 2 PCs for the price of 2 PCs....
on 10 May 2014
Great mobo. I nearly went for the UD3H but opted for this one because of the lower price tag - no troubles so far and has more than enough ports. Good quality build too, reliable and a nice BIOS included as well. The on-board sound card was a surprise, it's actually pretty darn good!

Recommended for a first time builder (which I was).
on 11 February 2014
I used this motherboard for my first gaming pc build, works fine so far and has plenty of SATA3 6gb/s right angled ports to accommodate up 2 6 SATA devices.
Has plenty of PCIe slots for 2-way nvidia SLI or 3-way amd Crossfire.
Overall, great board!
on 16 April 2015
The holes are not big enough for the i7 cpu heat sink. You get 3 in and the 4th one just won't go no matter what you try. I even took it to a pc repair shop and they couldn't do it either . Will save for a better board