on 16 April 2015
The AMAZON Kindle Fire duly arrived the day it was agreed in first class condition - as new. I have had a Kindle e-reader for 4 years now unfortunately it got broken (my fault). It was permanently attached to me, or so my husband said. I rang Amazon to ask them about the Kindle Fire and I got all the information that I needed and received the certified refurbished Kindle Fire HD7" for an exceptional price - I am over the moon. I am a bit 'thick' with technical stuff - it took me long enough to work out my Kindle and even then I don't think I used it to it's full capacity, so I got a user's guide to help me along and my son is coming to help me with it too. So it is a work in progress. But, I have my e-reader (paper white no less) and I am learning more by the day. The User's Guide is easy to read (even for me) and I must mention that the Customer Service I received from Amazon was second to none. If people believe that Customer Service is dead - they are wrong, it is alive and very well and it lives at Amazon. If only other companies learnt Amazon's customer service.
on 4 July 2014
I also own the kindle keyboard.
And as this was the only other one that had the text to speak on it, I had set my heart on getting one.
I was bought this as a gift, and can honestly say i'm over the moon with it.
It s so easy to use, and once you get used to the differences like not being able to create collections like the KK, its a brilliant device.
I could not live without my kindle now. I'm a very keen reader, and have also found some really good authors when downloading some of the free kindle books available on Amazon.
I was so happy with my kindle fire HD. I bought one as a gift for my mother. who was also very happy with it.
I think it should come with a mains adapter, as i had to purchase that separate as i found the usb charge via my laptop way to slow.
on 6 August 2014
I love my kindle. Although somewhat heavy. you know about it in your handbag it is very clear and has great touch screen technology. Difficult to see outside, but held at the right angle its ok. if you love Kindles you won't care either that or get the original or paper white that eliminates the problem. The Amazon basics touch screen wand works perfectly with the kindle.
on 22 May 2014
This is my second Kindle Fire HD, the first one I had to return because it kept freezing.
This one is working very well, I have downloaded books, music and films, and it gives a very good picture and sound quality.
The only thing I would say is that it doesn't allow you to watch the films on the tv, which the last generation one did.
Would recommend.
on 5 April 2014
Does what it promises and in the main does it well. However the instruction are a problem - no printed ones of course - the logic of when and where you find the instructions is very poor. Some necessary ones are omitted. I say this after many years of operating various computers. Nevertheless a good little machine that deserves to do well.
on 4 April 2014
This is my second Kindle Fire HD 7". The first one kept closing itself down and had to be replaced. The replacement arrived just
before we departed for a holiday in Australia and whilst away several times closed itself down whilst reading a book. Our hotmail
accounts tend to display a different format for replies at times with a small box for text. It took me ages to find out how to sign out
because the print is so small at the bottom.

Since arriving back in the UK on 21st March the kindle has not shut itself down whilst I have been reading a book so fingers crossed
it will continue to work satisfactorily. Hence the rating.
on 4 January 2015
Excellent. Won't first in a competition and bought a second one. Really good. For children who you are buying for to read exclusively not sure I would recommend as my boys seem to use it as a iPod/iPad thank a book.
on 6 June 2017
Brought as a present, still going strong
on 27 May 2015
I was very very disappointed in the quality of this refurbished kindle. I wish I had not bought it! I realize I could have got another NEW one at pretty well the same price ( 99 pounds). The lighting does not work properly, there are no cameras front or rear like they said there would be. I have to return this.
on 14 May 2017
Was hard to figure out ( not great at IT) then stopped working.. Should have sent it back and got a new one.. My fault for not following up on it..