on 22 March 2014
Just what the Xbox needed. Extremely easy yo install, up and running in 5 minutes. Anybody who only has the 4GB model don't hesitate buy this.
Absolutely brilliant it was so easy to fit I was even able to get my husband to fit it with out any moaning that's all you need to do is take of the grill on the right hand side and then push the hard drive in to the slot it's as simple as that a 30 second job that you can do yourself.
on 10 November 2013
my boys love this hard drive they can now store lots more games ect, the delivery was fast and i will be recommending to friends. thank you for your service and well done sonnics !!!
on 3 January 2014
Bought this for my sons xbox, gave it to him for Xmas and installed that morning, very quick and simple and so far so good! No more deleting he can play/ watch everything he wants! Brilliant! Thank you
on 10 March 2014
This had been really an excellent product. Easy to install, increased the space capacity by 290 GB or so, as the other 30 odd GB is taken up by the system files. Now no need to worry about space or downloading of games. It also spared my other external hard drive for other uses.
on 8 January 2014
I bought it because of Battlefield 4.
It was delivered in 2 days, I put it on and I could correctly install everything.
Thanks Sonnics, such a perfect product so far!
on 27 June 2014
My son had a 4Gb model XBOX 360 . Needed more space for downloads, game saves etc. Saw this and as it was less than half the price of a Microsoft hard drive I thought I would take a chance. I'm very happy I did. It arrived quickly and installation took seconds. Have been using it for sometime time now with zero issues.
on 22 January 2014
Bought this for my sons xbox 4g slim so that he would be able to play GTA 5. Set up was very easy, formatted with Xbox no problem. Have been using it now for a few months with no problems. Would recommend it.
on 13 September 2014
Really pleased with this item, it came really quickly and it a great price. I've bought unofficial harddrive before and the games don't load properly and save games corrupt but this is great. I haven't had any problems so far and it's actually recognised as a official Microsoft harddrive in my 360, all games load properly and you can play without any problems, all save games load properly and nothing has been corrupted
on 7 January 2015
Works great and half the price than the official ones. These drives don't come with partition 2 however which allows the downloading of the xbox compatability files from Xbox Live when you launch an old xbox 1 game. Official Microsoft drives have this out of the box but is easy to fix yourself (takes 30 seconds) and for the price you save on Official Hdd's it's worth it.
To restore old xbox 1 games backwards functionality see comment below my post).
but basically you need to restore partition 2 using Xplorer360 Extreme2 and connect your Hdd to a PC.(with a sata cable to usb lead and Hdd power supplyor transfer cable) Google "partition 2 digiex" for guide or see my comment below my post. I can confirm I got my old xbox games working on Sonnics 500GB 3rd party Hdd.

The caddy (case) are a bit crap (well mine was anyway) as my Hard disk moves about inside the case. No biggy as it pops open easy enough to secure it with a flat head screw driver. I replaced my caddy for one of those see through ones anyway.

Some pictures as proof Sonnics use "Recertified" Western Digital drives, look at my photo in links below in top right corner of drive above where it says WD5000LPVX. Normally this would be a problem as the drive isn't new so doesn't have the 1 year warranty like if you were to buy an official microsoft drive or a 500GB OEM Western Digital Blue (and hack the drive to work on xbox 360 yourself) but as Sonnics offer 1 year warranty this excuses that.

Now that Microsoft released the 500GB Xbox 360 Slim Winchester model in the summer of 2014 everyone can own a 500 GB internal Hdd as lets face it with the games free with Gold this last half year plus bargain bananza over xmas period (Bioshock Infinite available for download for £3 for XBL) all these games take up 240GB on my old 250GB HDD, that's before installing any discs too.

I bought mine direct from Sonnics website hence not verified purchase review.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse