on 2 November 2016
I know he is a bit wonky here and there but so cute! He, and 2 others were knitted for a raffle but didn't get that far. 1st and second went to daughter and granddaughter, this one I can't part with. Maybe 4th will be donated!
review image
on 8 July 2008
This book is quite delightful and the ah factor is very strong! The bears are traditional in style and quite small, using relatively fine needles (size 3.5 mm and down). A couple of the bears are made in worsted weight/DK yarn but most use fingering/four ply weights. There are well over a dozen different patterns, mainly in garter stitch and stocking stitch, for not only the bears but suitable clothing as well. The bears are sympathetically photographed with close-ups and full drawings of how to shape the bodies and attach arms and legs to body; some are even fully jointed.

The patterns are written for the American market but throughout the book suitable metric alternatives are given. There are many hints and tips throughout the book on personalising your bears and once you have it in your collection you are likely to pull it out many times. I already have two potential recipients on my list!
on 7 May 2011
I was looking forward to receiving this book, and it gave me as much as I'd hoped. The patterns are so clear, pretty and irresistable, that I immediately found I was knitting not one, but three of the bears all at the same time. The book has given me plenty of ideas how to use these patterns flexibly for my family and to support a local charity. There's plenty of pleasure to be had knitting these chaps! Would certainly recommend time and time again. In fact - no, please do not buy this book - I don't want you all to find this little joy (just kidding, of course I'll share!)

I've made both the Jack and Catherine bears in this book for a local charity. I made them in cotton chenille, adding a growler in Jack. They were very well received with much excitement. I've uploaded a photo of my version of the Jack bear which I understand will be available in the project gallery for this book or on my profile?
review image
22 Comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 April 2016
have made a couple of bears from this book and they were really great.easy to follow patterns
on 16 August 2017
Just love this book. A friend recommended it to me after I admired some teddies that she had knitted from it. Lots of projects and they all turn out so well. Have been very disappointed with other patterns I have purchased, but with this each one looks like something you would buy.
on 13 May 2017
Great book but haven't made a teddy from it yet. There are all types of bear in different sizes and styles. Great ideas for fundraising using small amounts of wool too.
on 19 May 2017
Love this book. Made two teddies already. Great for me wanting small projects to do. Would recommend.
on 25 March 2017
Lovely book beautifull knitting patterns well worth the money lots to choose from.
on 22 August 2012
Firstly, I was very pleased with the prompt delivery service. This book is fabulous, simply a must have for every teddy bear lover and knitting enthusiast, it has lots of wonderfull projects of varying skills. Also very good value for money. I would certainly buy form this company again through Amazon.The Knitted Teddy Bear: Make Your Own Heirloom Toys, with Dozens of Paterns for Unique Clothing
on 23 June 2017