TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 September 2017
I am thrilled with this pattern book on knitted Teddy Bears. The detail is informative, easy to follow and descriptive with so many handy tips in the beginning of the book. Every detail is in lay-mans terms. Another plus is the versatility of the patterns where I can put my own mark on my bears. I can't wait to get started with bits and bobs of yarn I have already. Just the perfect project when I'm travelling on our local ferry. Already I am planning presents for expected babies in the family.
on 8 July 2008
This book is quite delightful and the ah factor is very strong! The bears are traditional in style and quite small, using relatively fine needles (size 3.5 mm and down). A couple of the bears are made in worsted weight/DK yarn but most use fingering/four ply weights. There are well over a dozen different patterns, mainly in garter stitch and stocking stitch, for not only the bears but suitable clothing as well. The bears are sympathetically photographed with close-ups and full drawings of how to shape the bodies and attach arms and legs to body; some are even fully jointed.

The patterns are written for the American market but throughout the book suitable metric alternatives are given. There are many hints and tips throughout the book on personalising your bears and once you have it in your collection you are likely to pull it out many times. I already have two potential recipients on my list!
on 6 April 2016
have made a couple of bears from this book and they were really great.easy to follow patterns
on 16 August 2017
Just love this book. A friend recommended it to me after I admired some teddies that she had knitted from it. Lots of projects and they all turn out so well. Have been very disappointed with other patterns I have purchased, but with this each one looks like something you would buy.
on 13 May 2017
Great book but haven't made a teddy from it yet. There are all types of bear in different sizes and styles. Great ideas for fundraising using small amounts of wool too.
on 20 March 2014
Excellent little book. I was expecting several knitting patterns, but was delighted with the sections on how to make the expressive faces, also stuffing and other advice. A really must have book if you want to make stylish bears
on 19 May 2017
Love this book. Made two teddies already. Great for me wanting small projects to do. Would recommend.
on 25 March 2017
Lovely book beautifull knitting patterns well worth the money lots to choose from.
on 6 September 2017
Lots of good ideas and different looking bears. .really good value as I got this in kindle version for only 1.89. Downloaded on to my kindle fire so it's in colour. Really pleased.
on 7 September 2017