on 19 February 2015
I purposely waited to place a review. Always do with expensive electrical items. Laptop was great until it decided to completely crash and reset itself. I think it upgraded to windows 8.1 because it completely reset itself and is now very slow. The dolby software has gone too. I'm absolutely gutted. I've only had it just over a year and have been so careful with it. Not a happy bunny. I can't afford to spend that kind of money on a new laptop every year :( However, up until that point it was a great laptop so I've gone somewhere in the middle with 3 stars.
on 1 November 2013
I love this machine. It is a great value breath of speedy, capable fresh air after the 3 years of horror and I had with the Acer Aspire I had before (wifi connection that never worked right, failed LAN connection, appalling slowness for a machine of it's memory and processor speed). The one drawback - and it is a biggie - is the touchpad. It is just sooooo patchy and given to stalling that even with my newly adopted 2 finger style, I often find myself working away having left the pointer behind me. I updated the driver and all the good stuff I found recommended on line but it looks like I will have to live with it. That's why I dropped a star.

On top of which, there is the test of patience that is Windows 8. I am learning to live with that too.

Overall, a great machine for anyone who attaches a mouse.
on 27 May 2014
This laptop was bought to replace my old Toshiba after a break in, not disappointed with the upgrade, in fact I am delighted. Just wish I had more time to research Windows 8, software a little temperamental which take a little getting used too but the machine is mean, handles a multitde of programs simultaneously without slowing down. Good size and not heavy. Would recommend.
on 25 November 2013
Excellent value for money, only gripe I have with it is that it comes pre loaded with Windows 8 and they make it a hassle to dual boot with any Linux operating system, which is a bit of a pain.

Having said that, it does work if you know what you are doing, and runs superbly well with Windows or Linux on it.
on 20 July 2014
6 months on and its still fantastic, great quality product at an amazing price.
2 Years on and - just upgraded to windows 10 still running just like bran new - couple of bumps and scratches but performance wise and reliability I just cannot fault it. Great buy, great quality.
on 21 October 2013
This is the first laptop I've owned - easy to set up etc. Don't like all the 'American' apps however, nor all the 30 day 'free trial' stuff so if you get one sort out all your own favourites
on 21 October 2013
Perfect value for money laptop.
High specification for this range. This is my first laptop after having desktop for many years and I am very happy with my choice.
on 2 March 2014
I bought this laptop for my son's birthday.It is really a fast and efficient laptop.It is really worth it & for a good price.Both my son & myself love it.
on 22 April 2014
Quality product, would recommend to anyone. would be better with touch screen, good all round performance. Good value for the money.
on 6 August 2016
Best investment I ever made, lovely build quality. A great workhorse that doesn't get hot no matter what is asked of it.