on 18 June 2017
Excellent play frame, excellent quality. Assembly took about 5 hours. My kids love it and such a reasonable price too.
on 18 July 2013
Our comunity clubbed together for this to go on our communal green, the children absolutely love it and the squirrel fort is keeping them active it was easy to put up and and is now being enjoyed daily by all the children
on 16 June 2014
I bought this for my 6 year old (direct from Dunster House, not Amazon), but also for our 2 year old as she gets bigger. It says it needs 2 adults to build, but after my husband said to me after it was delivered "I suppose you want me to put it together now?" I thought "I'll show you!" He might have said that on purpose knowing me well enough that I would get on and do it on my own. With minimal help from my 6 year old, I did it all alone! I did it over 5 days, as I didn't use an electric screwdriver, only using a ratchet type one, so it was hard work on my unfit shoulders.

I've not anchored it yet, and that was a couple of months ago. The weather has meant it hasn't been used as much as it will in the summer months, but it seems really stable despite not being anchored, if the 6 year old goes for it there's a small amount of movement in the horizontal braces on the ground, and the fort part moves a tiny bit too, but I don't think anchoring will stop that completely - peace of mind probably!

I've added some boards around the underneath of the fort and put sand in (have set up on strong weed suppressant material, which seems perfect for it, as excess water from playing - as I've created a cover too - just seeps out underneath), and we've also put a paddling pool at the bottom of the slide a couple of times too, so on the really hot days they've slid right into the paddling pool. Loads of fun.

The 2 year old seems very stable on the swing, well until yesterday, as she has obviously grown a tiny bit, and her feet caught on the floor, and she lost her hold on the seat and ended up holding onto the ropes only - fortunately she wasn't hurt, but I now know that she shouldn't be able to touch the floor as she isn't aware enough to say she's become unstable on it. She loves the slide, goes up and down all the time barefoot.

Monkey bars aren't getting used yet, but 6 year old isn't strong enough yet, but I'm sure he will be sometime in next few years.

As far as building, there were some really fiddly bits - I'm very good at this sort of thing, I could see it causing arguments with some couples/families, as it doesn't explain in enough minute detail each stage. Putting up the cover to the fort was probably the most annoying bit. You need to attach it across the top first, then along the edges - this is really hard, and I managed it on a set of small steps and standing in the fort, but a good set of steps would have made it much easier.

Would recommend as I've now got everything a kid could want in the garden, we could even use it as a goal if we were into football!
on 5 April 2014
This was purchased as a present from grandma for our kids. Really impressed with the delivery of the item. The very nice man that delivered it said if you were good with tools it would take about 3 hours to put up (took us 6 hours and partner works in construction). The wood seemed very dry and we had to pre-drill all the holes in it so keep it from splitting. Some of the instructions were not very clear to understand. If we had used our own money to purchase it we would have been very disappointed. The kids really do enjoy it but overall quality of the material it lacking. After it being up for a few weeks the wood is not starting to split and peel, cant see it lasting until the little ones have outgrown it. Have rated a 3 because of the kids enjoyment of it!