Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Learn more Fitbit Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now

on 25 October 2013
Great plot written over a controversial topic once i started it i had tokeep going until the end just download the second one good advice from the author thanks eve!!!
on 21 July 2017
Interesting storyline. The main story seems really crazy and I had really mixed feelings about it, Tanin is in a horrible situation, but the surrounding political insights is interesting. This is not just a normal love story. Well written and good editing, part of Kindle Unlimited
on 14 March 2014
WOW!! Had never heard of Evi Rabi before, but will remember her now. Couldn't put this book down, had me hooked from beginning to end. When i wasn'nt reading it i was thinking about it. Very well written and unpredictable. Couldn't help giggle throughout the book, very funny but at the same time very serious. Enyoyed having to work Tarrago out. When you read Obsessed book 1 you can't help but buy Obseesed book 2. Will definitely be reading more of Evi Rabi books.
on 28 May 2015
Love Eve Rabi's books, have read them all and Eve has become one of my top 5 favourite authors. Can highly recommend ALL books written by her.
on 12 July 2015
Tarago Jakobus is a great Alp. He is bad, and as mean as they come BUT he loves his women. Until he meets Tanin, he is happy to take women when and how he wants. Now he wants T and he take her; he does whatever he has to do to get her, and he does. He is ruthless in his pursuit of her.

Rabi is a brilliantly funny, laconic writer. Her tales are bold, and she takes no prisoners, ever. This story is raw and in your face bad; she even gets nasty and racist in tone, with T. telling some pretty ‘funny’ racist jokes. There are racist undertones throughout, as the action takes place in S. Africa before Nelson Mandela. However none of it is offensive, thanks to Eve Rabi who makes it entirely necessary to her story. We need it to understand the back-drop to the times in which the events are being played out. She shows us the ugliness of racism: its depth, its breadth, and its extensive reach; it is not just the ‘white’ folks that live and breathe it.

It is all very tongue in cheek, as is Rabi’s usual style. It is sometimes hard not to feel guilty for laughing but it’s what the author expects; she is not to be taken too seriously, as are none of her characters. That’s not to say there are not serious scenes in the tale, there are; there are also some very tender and loving moments too. I think the writer covers all the bases just to be on the safe side.

Great writing; great story; great characters combine to make this book compulsive reading, and I am frustrated that I had to stop in between putting book 1 down, and picking bookd 2 up, to write this review. LOL

That’s how badly I need to get back in the saddle, and find out if Tanin can make it good again with Tarago. 
on 16 February 2014
Having read all the 5 star reviews I was looking forward to reading this book and purchased Part 2 whilst I was at it.

I readto the end hoping against all hope that something would grab my interest. The characters are all very shallow, perhaps the main lead, Tanin has some moments where she shows she has a backbone and I do feel sorry for her plight, blackmailed, abused, insulted and demeaned at every opportunity and yet she struggles on for the sake of her family. However Tarago is nothing short of an insensitive, juvenile, boorish but ultimately weak man who allows others to influence him and leech off of him. The is nothing Alpha male about him.

Race discrimination is a very sensitive subject and the aggression if it does at times come through but being set in 1993 and published 20 years later, more could have been done with this matter

Let's see what book 2 has to offer but I would not recommend this book.
on 8 October 2013
I loved this book. It was gritty, the characters complex and it was full of emotion and twists and turns. It's unlike a lot of other romance novels out there (in a good way) and if you like this, then you might also like LOVER IN LAWwhich has a very original storyline too - the heroine Ali has a long-term Caucasian boyfriend, but after an affair with a hot black colleague she becomes pregnant, and doesn't know which man is the father of her child.
on 29 June 2014
I recommend this book, there are positives of this book out way the negatives and what's good about this is that the author allows you to see this and the changes sustained. I was apprenhensive about purchasing this book as i believed the storyline would be difficult to digest and read but how was i proven wrong yes there are bits of this book which are not pleasing and have been hard to digest such as the racial slurs, power struggle between whites and blacks but overall there is a love story in there that is well written.
on 17 November 2013
I purchased this book on the back of reading you will pay for leaving me, this book was as good as the last, I had to get book 2 as I was hooked! Brilliant read
on 22 April 2014
This is the third book I have read by Eve Rabi and I have absolutely loved them all. Loved the characters of Tanin and Tarago so much I can not wait to read the sequel. I love the way author ties up all loose ends no detail is left unexplained which I often find with other books. HIGHLY recommended