on 7 July 2013
I download this to my kindle as I wanted a quick read, this is certainly that! I think all 3 stories are around 37 pages in total! Tagged onto the end of these are opening chapters of Louise Candlish's new book.

My favourite of the short stories is actually the last one, Doing the Wrong Thing. This just as suggested is about a women who goes off on a weekend with her friends, not all is as it seems. I love stories which take place on planes or travelling and this is just that. I just wish it had been a little longer as I read in about 10 minutes!

This is a very quick read, however it gives an insight into Louise Candlish's writing (this was the first of hers I have read before) and it was free, cannot complain about that!
on 18 July 2013
I was surprised at how much i enjoyed these three stories. Beautifully written with an unexpexted twist which is a rare treat these days. Look forward to reading more from her.
on 17 February 2014
The synopsis tells you enough about the stories to entice the reader into the world of adultery.
Through each story you get a different opinion on the subject.
The Alibi: Kim knows her employee is having an affair.
The Assignation: Agnes is the victim of adultery.
Doing the Wrong Thing: A woman on the way to cheat.

I really enjoyed Agnes' story, particularly the descriptions at the group sessions.

This is a fast paced, quick read that has left me eager to read more from Louise Candish, thanks to the sample chapters that were included.
it was nice to experience the pace and style of writing of her full length novels.
on 6 August 2013
A brilliant little book of short stories. It consists of three very good short stories, each with their own little twist at the end. Each story has its own set of characters with their own set of complications. I cannot say too much about any of the stories because, to be honest, anything I say would probably give the endings away! Just read and enjoy! A half hour or so well spent!!
on 22 May 2016
I really enjoy the writing style but these were very short stories andit seemed like each was the start of a bigger novel However the benefit of that was that I went bought one of the writer's novels which I enjoed very much so from the point of view of leaving me wanting more they worked but they did not feel like fully rounded short stories.
on 15 August 2013
easy to read nice stories as usual louise candlish writes enjoyable material never dissapoints perfect for poolside reading on a lounger
on 26 June 2014
A good holiday read. The stories well told. Not as deeply developed as her usual stories but still an enjoyable read.
on 17 August 2013
Good little stories but wanted more, love her books. Thought it was a nice guesture to give them to her readers free
on 5 September 2013
Great book, nice to have something easy to read whilst you are on holiday. Easy to pick up and continue reading.
on 6 January 2016
I like the stories but far too short for 99p!