TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 20 August 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is an excellent machine for the following reasons:
1. the mixing device goes very close to the bowl and thus does not leave unmixed ingredient
2. the speed settings are spot on
3. it makes everything from a rhubarb fool (mmmmmmmmmm) through cakes and sponges and does them excellently
4. the swinging top and side flap lid are excellent for adding ingredients etc.
5. it is smart and solid and the sucker feet hold it rock steady on the bench even under heavy loads (like pasta)

On the other hand:
- the sticky label on the bowl was attached with something approximating to araldite and has left awful marks on the shiny stainless bowl.
- the egg pasta function doesn't work very well (it may be the recipe they included that is awful; I'll be trying pasta again) and the heavy sticky mass really left even this machine struggling and the extruded pasta all stuck back together (like I say there may well be a knack I need to find).
- most annoyingly the power cable is only about 50cm long so the machine has to be bang up against a plug socket.
- the speed dial works fine, but feels a bit plasticy and feeble:@ for this money I'd expect it to be solid and reassuring.

The cons are very much out-weighed by the pros - I don't make much pasta, the marks will shift with white spirit or similar and I have an extension lead - I'd buy this anytime.
VINE VOICEon 18 August 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a substantial and versatile piece of kitchen equipment. It feels very well designed and made; attaching and detaching the various fittings is straightforward once you've got used to it. Cleaning and washing parts is easy too; all parts that need washing are easily removed, and unlike with some kitchen appliances, there are no parts of these that need to be kept out of water. You might need to think about where this can be used in your kitchen, as it's rather tall, and could block wall cupboard doors, and the cable is rather short, so the machine needs to be used close to a socket.

The main mixer includes three different fittings: a dough hook, a beater, and a whisk. The dough hook does a good job, and managed to mix and knead a large quantity of dough very thoroughly in just a few minutes, removing the need for kneading by hand. The beater dealt with ingredients for cakes very well, typically producing a smooth batter of just the right consistency in little more than a minute. The whisk did a great job in preparing egg whites for a lemon meringue pie, for which the beater was also used to make the pastry dough. The 'planetary mixing action' means that all three attachments do a very good job of getting right to the edge of the bowl.

The blending jug is excellent for making things that contain plenty of liquid, such as smoothies or pesto, blending them very finely and quickly. However, it's not so good at handling mixtures that have less liquid in them, such as pasta sauces with chunky vegetables: it doesn't seem able to move all the ingredients around the jug without manual intervention, so it's quite hard to get a smooth and even result. This makes this part of the machine a little disappointing.

The pasta maker is quite easy to use, and the provided recipe worked well. It comes with its own cleaning tool, which is very good for getting all bits of dough out of the small parts.

Overall, having used this machine to make a wide variety of things, I'm very happy with everything apart from the jug blender, which isn't quite as versatile as I'd expected.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 29 August 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Really, this machine could have been called something like 'The Kitchen Monster', or 'Blendzilla!'

It is, as they say, 'a serious piece of kit.'

I was given this for review purposes, and in the time I was given before the deadline, I've tried to use it as much as possible - and I still haven't exhausted its possibilities.

If there's a downside to this item, it would have to be its sheer mass. It's BIG! It's heavy! If you're planning to keep it in a cupboard and only bring it out when you're going to use it, then you'll need a) a big cupboard, and b) strong muscles!

Basically, almost anything you want to do in the kitchen can be done by this monster. If you're a serious cook, then you really can't go wrong. To be honest, I kinda feel it belongs more in a professional's kitchen than in the hands of a dabbler like myself.

A web search will provide videos of the monster in action, but be warned - to do some of the things you'll see in the vids requires the purchase of extra accessories.

And (apart from the size and weight), that's the downside. Personally I felt it would have been nice if Russell Hobbs had provided an 'all in one' solution, and given the price of this thing, I don't think it would have killed them to make those other accessories (eg, for mincing meat) a part of the package.

That's why I've knocked off a star. If it doesn't bother you, then regard this as a 5 star review.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 21 August 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a big and HEAVY machine, but I guess for the amount of things it can do, the design is close to perfect.

It is easy and intuitive to set up/dismantle and clean and it looks good on the kitchen table. The bowl size is good for standard portions and although there are other accessories available to buy, the basic machine comes with sufficient tools for my requirements.

A very good product.
on 21 August 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
If you need help from a machine like this then do bear in mind that it is very heavy and bulky, so you will not wish to be getting it out and store it away again when not in use. Having attachment options that do just about anything, doesn't mean that you will be saying goodbye to all you other gadgets either as single function tools are often easy to use for smaller tasks.

Where the kitchen machine excels is in the generous size of its metal bowl and the size of its glass blender jug. Metal and galls means more weight, but the benefit is that they will last much better than plastic and should be easier to clean. The splash guard for the mixing bowl is a nice addition, that you would never find an a mixer of my mother's generation.

A pasta making attachment was included in the box for review, but I am not certain that that is a standard inclusion as it isn't listed as part of the contents and had a separate instruction manual. Not included was the option mincer, which will interest a lot of people.

The motor was powerful enough to mix a full load of dough well, although until the time I really have to, I still prefer to use my hands for that particular job.

I had no difficult with assembly and disassembly. The controls were simple to operate.

I am not a big fan of the all silver appearance, if it had been my choice I would have preferred the cream coloured variant.

Overall good value for money. I have docked a star because I would have liked more guidance in how to best use the machine and because I'm instinctively suspicious of anything that tries too hard to do it all.
on 9 March 2017
I love this Machine!
Firstly, it is bulky and noisy, but the suckers on the base mean it doesn't move around. The arm is spring loaded and feels strong, the splash guard is great, and the assortment of attachments means it can handle anything from dough to meringues.
The blender is also noisy but it's a quality glass jug and it works well. I've not tried the pasta attachment, but it also feels sturdy and there are about 6 different parts for different pasta shapes.
Definitely worth the money.
HALL OF FAMETOP 100 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 22 July 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a really sturdy kitchen appliance, which did not slip at all whilst I was using it. It has a 4.6 litre capacity bowl and the mixer has ten speeds, plus a really useful pulse action for an extra burst of power. The mixer has a dough hook (I found it mixed bread dough really easily), a beater and a whisk (nice 'balloon' shape to let in extra air). As well as making bread, I also used the mixer to make cakes (using the beater attachment) and the whisk to beat eggs and make pancake batter. The batter was really smooth, with the whisk reaching the edges of the bowl with no problem. There is a useful splash guard, with a plastic window which you can lift to add ingredients. This obviously makes things easier, as you don't have to keep stopping the mixer.

Now, this is not called a kitchen 'machine' for nothing, as it fulfills many other functions, as well as being a useful food processor. There is a 1.25L glass jug blender, which fits onto the top of the machine. My machine also came with a pasta maker (with it's own instruction booklet) and you can obtain further accessories for the machine - other attachments listed are a metal meat grinder and a metal food slicer and shredder. There is a website for Russell Hobbs (address in the leaflets which come with the machine) which has details of all their products, plus a useful ordering service for spare parts.

Overall, this is a useful, multifuction piece of kitchen equipment. It looks nice and was easy to clean. Be aware, though, that because the machine is Stainless Steel, the parts cannot be put into a dishwasher, as the surface finish will be damaged. Everything, including the attachments, have to be hand washed, and although I did not find that a problem, it is something you need to think about if you prefer to use the dishwasher as much as possible. Also, although there are some basic recipes - pasta and pizza dough - there is no recipe book included. Again, though, if you go to the website, there are recipes using the blender and the food processor (details in the instruction booklet).
VINE VOICEon 18 September 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Wonderful device. This is the best kitchen appliance I have ever used. It has a series of different uses such as mixing, liquidising and a pasta maker. Each aspect is absolutely top notch. This is a professional appliance and it so easy to use. It comes with a host of add ons such as 6 diferent pasta making tools, a liquidiser that actually doesnt leave any lumps and a proffesional mixer.

The mixer also has 3 different changeable heads for kneading dough for bread, pastry and a regular mixer for cakes etc. The appliance has a stainless steal finish, and is quite big, but it has 8 speeds and is high powered. Although quite pricey its versatility, quality and its ease of use more than justifies its price tag. I couldnt live without it.
on 13 October 2014
I was bought this by my husband as I love baking. The first machine I had broke within two weeks the second lasted six months. I Never used the machine for dough just cake mixes and making butter cream. DO NOT BUY. I am so disappointed with the quality. The cable is way too short. I used the pasta attachment once and was so disappointed with the results I bought a manual pasta machine which is so much better easier to clean and much much easier to use. I've only used the liquidiser twice and on both occasions I found that this didn't liquidise properly either. Safe to say the next mixer I purchase will NOT be a Russell Hobbs.
VINE VOICEon 22 July 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a beast of a machine! If you're giving it to your Granny, make sure that you take it out of the box and put it precisely where she wants it. It ain't moving again, I can assure you!
This enormous machine has a really sturdy, solid feel to it. All the catches and locks have a re-assuring clunkiness to them. The blender mug is made of glass not cheap plastic and the mixing bowl could double as a church bell. Lovely Machine... and I haven't even tried making bread with it yet...I'll be back...