Top positive review
26 people found this helpful
Excellent function, but form lacks a tad
on 20 August 2013
This is an excellent machine for the following reasons:
1. the mixing device goes very close to the bowl and thus does not leave unmixed ingredient
2. the speed settings are spot on
3. it makes everything from a rhubarb fool (mmmmmmmmmm) through cakes and sponges and does them excellently
4. the swinging top and side flap lid are excellent for adding ingredients etc.
5. it is smart and solid and the sucker feet hold it rock steady on the bench even under heavy loads (like pasta)
On the other hand:
- the sticky label on the bowl was attached with something approximating to araldite and has left awful marks on the shiny stainless bowl.
- the egg pasta function doesn't work very well (it may be the recipe they included that is awful; I'll be trying pasta again) and the heavy sticky mass really left even this machine struggling and the extruded pasta all stuck back together (like I say there may well be a knack I need to find).
- most annoyingly the power cable is only about 50cm long so the machine has to be bang up against a plug socket.
- the speed dial works fine, but feels a bit plasticy and feeble:@ for this money I'd expect it to be solid and reassuring.
The cons are very much out-weighed by the pros - I don't make much pasta, the marks will shift with white spirit or similar and I have an extension lead - I'd buy this anytime.