Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 18 June 2013
For Mac Miller fans the time span between 'Blue Slide Park' and now 'WMWTSO' has seen a change in style, one that I think makes Mac a complete artist (also because I like guys such as OF and Madvillian, who have similar styles).

The lyrical content has changed from talking about his past in Pitsburg to focusing on his present thoughts. The production is the best I have heard yet, and his approach in making the album - hence the name for the album - was pretty genius.

This is in a 'Digipak' form which is beautiful. Much like what Odd Future do on their releases.

If you are a Mac Miller fan you will buy this, if you are a general Rap/Hip-Hop fan who has seen that both J. Cole's 'Born Sinner' and Kanye West's 'Yeezus' are released on the same day I say buy all 3. However, I do prefer this to the other two.

Favourite Songs: 'S.D.S', 'Aquarium', 'Avian'.

Least Favourite Songs: 'Goosebumpz', 'Bird Call'.
on 26 June 2013
This is the first Mac Miller album I've bought. In fact, up until a few weeks ago, I'd never heard of him. But man, am I glad I've heard of him now. This album is incredible. Full of great beats and lyrics. Mac flows effortlessly throughout this album.

He has a subtle way of delivering some of his bars, but strangely enough, some of these bars have the biggest impact. REMember is a good example of this. A track where he's talking about losing a friend.

Aquarium is another great track that shows he's more than capable of delivering great lines whether it's about dealing with life; "Forever life been never nice, we expedite the process, And every night I get advice, cause life is way too complex". Or just straight up daydreaming; "My mind, it wonders to places yonder and even farther, When I'm sleep walking I'm Steven Jobs or I'm Peter Parker". He's able to put a creative spin on it. No line is wasted.

This album is full of great tracks. It's one of those rare albums that you can listen to and enjoy from start to finish. Track 12 is a particular favourite of mine. It's called Suplexes Inside of Complexes and Duplexes and it features the awesome Jay Electronica. When you're side by side with Jay Elec, you have to show what you've got and on this track, Mac is thinking big; "If Mars is the farthest that man has set his target, then I don't know why he even started".

This is one rapper I'll be following closely.
on 29 June 2013
This album is definitely better than Blue Slide Park (in my opinion), there is literally not one song on here that i skip whilst listening to this. BUY IT
on 17 July 2013
great album, tops blue slide park, nice that you can play the album on amazon cloud before the actual hard copy arrives
on 20 July 2013
Completely blown away by this album. No rubbish on it at all - really cool sounds. 13. REMember is my favorite.