Format: Audio CD|Change

on 31 March 2014
My 5'th complete Mahler.... Solti, Kubelik, Berstein and NYP, Inbal and the DG box with "#the best n each"... Plus Klemperer, Neumann and Svetlanov... All together, the Boston SO and Ozawa are not the ultimate team, but very enjoyable ant a great bargain for the price asked. The only thing I miss is the Blumine, that Ozawa also have recorded, it would perfectly fit together with the 1'st symphony...
on 28 March 2014
I have a number of complete sets of the Mahler symphonies and many more individual symphonies on LP and CD. I can only say that if I had to make a desert island choice of one set of these wonderful symphonies this superbly played and recorded Boston / Ozawa set would be my first choice. That's it, no in depth analysis; but I'm sure that if you buy this inexplicably underated, superb bargain set, you will not be disappointed.