on 13 May 2017
I purchased the Tarot Illuminati cards and the next obvious thing to do was to purchase the Kindle edition of this book. I'm so pleased I did. It is absolutely fascinating, and so concise and precise. It explains everything about every card in the finest detail. I haven't read it all yet...it has many pages...but I keep dipping in and out of it. Highly recommended. One thing of note though, there are no illustrations, but if you have the cards in front of you then you don't need pictures in the book as well.
2 people found this helpful
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 2 January 2016
Not a fan of this deck. I have purchased nigh on 25-30 decks over the last 5 years and have only retained 8 of them, the rest ended up back on Amazon having only been used once. This one I kept as I am still unsure really.

First off, the quality of the card stock is excellent, thicker than most. Cards are edged in gold on outer edges but the card faces are edge to edge pictures - no frames.

The detail is excellent and if it were only a case of appreciating the artwork there would definitely be a 6 out of 5 stars for that but as a regular reader, I find the cards overly fussy, too much going on with too much colour. I find it hard to sometimes tell which card I am actually looking at - the King of Cups for instance, lots of blues and grays and you have to look quite closely for a several seconds to see his face and the cup he carries (although in this case it stands on a pedestal). I personally find this quite distracting and it makes it difficult to tune in to the images singularly and as a whole within the spread. Which most decks I lay out the spread, look generally at the overall picture of what I have and then start looking at each card combined with its surrounding cards, with this deck, I look at my spread and I don't know quite where my eyes want to be, here...there...up...down...it almost makes my head spin.

For a simple 3 card spread etc lovely to have so much detail to work with but I am often using the Celtic cross or my own 21 card general spread or 14 card relationship spread and these cards prevent me from giving an accurate reading. I have yet to feel comfortable with them. Yet I have kept them and am not sure why.

I think this deck is a little like Marmite - love it or hate it. I don't love it, I don't really hate it because there are some truly lovely cards in the deck but around 20 of them are too ornate for general reading. I guess it depends what kind of reader you are. I believe these cards take a little getting used to.
on 30 November 2014
again as the review for the cards, Kim is a great guide to tarot illuminate, if I could have half the gift I would be happy, I have been looking for a good deck since I was 16, now I am 37 I Decided to look again and this deck and book spoke to me and is such a great start I do believe I am gifted to find such great artwork and guidance, and again if these do not speak to you then find a deck and book that does, it is not that they are rubbish it means they are not right for your journey, the cards and book have such amazing artwork, every time you look at them and study you always see something different, 10 out of 10. the cards have been spot on for me btw,
5 people found this helpful
on 25 January 2015
If you own the deck, you must have this book! It's a treasure trove of Information and I didn't realize how wonderful it was until I downloaded it and saw for myself. I too thought it a bit expensive, but let me tell you, the information contained within is invaluable and really expands on the beautiful deck, in fact, it gave me a deeper appreciation of the deck, really brought it to life for me, so I'm over the moon with my purchase!
3 people found this helpful
on 21 June 2014
If you have these tarot cards I certainly would advise you to purchase this book. It has so much information in it for each card that you really get to know the cards better and notice more of the background as the author talks about the symbols and general artwork of each of them. I thought it was a lot of money but it is worth every penny.
3 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 24 May 2015
A book that I am finding so hard to put down - sure there is so much to be done - but sure it could wait - well just while I finish just this bit
One person found this helpful
on 18 August 2016
Alas...no photos/illustrations. What would otherwise have been a great companion to the smaller guide included with the cards, is somewhat "missing something." I was a little disappointed, but can live with it. The new expanded book is an advantage to the earlier ebook, which had been all that was available for a while. Also check out the tarot card bag which matches the cards.
on 21 April 2017
Really good guide to the Tarot.
on 3 April 2014
This was bought as a gift for my husband, but he has told me he's still enjoying it and will be doing so for a long time to come.
on 28 July 2014
A lot of detail in these cards and a lovely book wish is included with the pictures and explanation for each card