Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Since the format war between Blu-ray and DVD formats for storing high definition video and audio has tipped in favour of Blu-ray (Digital Entertainment Group DEG reported sales of 3.2 million Blue-ray players for the 1st quarter of 2013) it is a logical progression to find home cinema systems with 3D playing capability incorporated into the units. The early teething issues of the format have long been ironed out and Blu-ray discs are now the standard format for new movie releases, with an ever growing back catalogue of titles available.

The BH6730S offers a lot of power from its compact size - a hefty 1000W from a unit size of just 360mm x 61mm x 300mm (W x H x D). The speakers are wired, not wireless, and sizes are (W x H x D) bass unit 330 x 360 x 160mm, centre speaker 260 x 100 x 80mm and satellite speakers 100 x 150 x 100mm. The 1000W power output is ample for a medium to large sized room, with excellent bass from a fairly slimline subwoofer box and good crisp detail from the centre and satellite speakers. For quantity and quality of sound this LG system compares favourably with similar priced Samsung and Sony units I have owned.

Good points are the easy set up and very straightforward user controls. Individual volume control for each speaker is easy to access and adjust from the `speaker level' button on the remote handset. This is a feature I find important - I've had systems where sound adjustment to suit the room is frustratingly fiddly and time consuming. It's quick and easy here to fine tune the sound during movies, videos or games.

3D has become a common feature on Blu-ray players, and while the catalogue of movies is not vast, 3D is a feature I would not want to be without - there are some stunning 3D films and documentaries available which make the feature well worthwhile.

Other features are FM radio, built in wifi internet connectivity, Bluetooth streaming and a private sound mode for wirelessly sending the audio to headphones. There are several sound effect modes such as 2.1 channel natural, 2.1 loudness, 5.1 natural, 5.1 bass blast, and user EQ for individual frequency adjustments.

In summary a good all round machine, well worth the current selling price.
22 Comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 November 2013
I've hooked this LG Blu Ray player with my LG Smart TV. The simpleLink works a dream and is really easy to setup, the majority of the time i use this 5.1 surround sound when watching TV, TV on demand etc... I have to admit that these speakers really kick out some sound! Worth the money, no doubt.
on 10 November 2013
This product is new as described and works perfectly well...though the setup can take a little time, but it is worth it.. The product came in its original company pack...which means well packaged.. On switching on this system I was amazed at the output I was hearing really fantastic and unbelievable ...the product also works well with other electronics regardless of it being LG or not, it works perfectly well with my ps3 as well... You can also download the LG app on android to control this device instead of the remote control...generally a fantastic product.
on 3 December 2013
VERY PLEASED WITH THIS SYTEM.ITS EASY TO SET UP,AND WHEN TURNED ON JUST NEED TO FOLLOW ON SCREEN INSTRUCTIONS WHICH TAKES A FEW MINUTES AND ITS READY TO GO.SYSTEM LOOKS SMART AND MODERN.PICTURE QUALITY IS EXCELLENT AND WITH 1000W SOUND IS EXCEPTIONAL WITH NO DISTORTION.I HIGHLY RECOMEND.THIS PRODUCT AND AT THIS PRICE ITS A NO BAINER
on 21 November 2013
my expensive pioneer system packed up,so it was time to get blu ray! i first bought a stand alone panasonic(£100)throught good reviews.it went back as the blu ray picture was flickery.thought id give this a go because if the sound was good it would save me money as i could sell my previous expensice 5.1 speakers-which i have now sole for the price of this new system.
i thouroughly recommend this item.especially if youre new to 5.1 sound.
It was easy to set up,took me minutes.
The dvd picture is incredible-better than my old machine,and possible better than the latest panasonic.
The sound is good-not as good as a 500 seperates system,but for the price very good.
The voices are nice and clear,and i could hear dialogue hard to hear on my old system.
its all small.
the blu ray picture is better than the panasonic,but be warned,i can see flicker on blu ray that i cant see on dvds.i have been told this is because the picture is so good-nonsense-the picture is so good it looks worse than an inferior dvd?
Stick to dvds-they are cheaper and look better to my fussy eye.
Probanly not loud enough if you want to blast it in a massive lounge,but for small to medium rooms you wont be able to turn it right up !
so my only neg is the quality of blu ray generally is not perfect at all,but it seems to be the same with all blu ray so i wont mark it down for that !
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am no audiophile, but do appreciate and enjoy good quality sound. This is particularly important when watching HD movies and listening to music. This LG home cinema system is an absolute delight.

Inside the box is a blue-ray player, sub-woofer speaker and 5 satellite speakers. The first thing I notices about this product after unboxing was the aesthetics, which are really very nice. The finish is a combination of both matt and piano black. The satellite speakers are small and discrete, yet can go very loud. With previous home cinema systems I have owned, the sub-woofer was always very large, and I was glad to see the small size of this one.

Set-up was quick and easy. The included speaker cables are long enough to reach the back of my room, some 20 feet away from the TV. The blu-ray player plays all of my blur-ray and DVD library, and I am yet to find a disc which doesn't work. I have connected the home cinema system to my samsung TV, which can also take advantage of the sound system. Integration is excellent, and I am able to control the volume of the speakers using my Sky+ remote as well!

The sound quality is really very good, and goes quite loud. As mentioned, I am not an audiophile and can only say that the sound is better than most systems I have used in the past. There is sufficient bass for music and special effects from movies are fantastic. I have watched Thor, Avengers Assemble and The Dark Knight Rises with this system, and all were worth watching again, purely to take advantage of the speakers!

All-in-all, I am very pleased with this sound system and can definitely recommend it. 5/5
on 29 April 2014
I have linked the system to my LG TV and find the auto switch on when using the "magic TV remote" terrific as the surround sound makes the "TV only" sound appear flat and uninteresting. Even though the LG TV sound is more than acceptable listening through the surround system, even the news, changes the experience greatly. The sound output is more than enough to fill the standard sitting room and even at high volume no distortion is perceivable during the short period you would allow yourself. The up-scaling of normal DVDs is good but as expected cannot compare to the results when watching Blu-ray and when matched with the 3D LG TVs 2D to 3D conversion movies come alive with much improved depth of field. There are newer updated versions of this product but after using this one for some time I can't see how it's got better.

I would recommend this product...
on 31 December 2013
This has pretty reasonable sound quality for the price.
Note that this product as sold to the UK doesn't have any WiFi or Bluetooth capability. (Confusingly, LG also sell a variant of this that does have WiFi and Bluetooth under the same product code.)
on 29 October 2013
Can't understand why anyone would be disappointed with this set. It is excellent value, very powerful and good quality. You would pay double for Samsung. Really pleased.
on 31 December 2013
The home cinema was easy to set up. It is very powerful: huge bass and it is great for movies. Would recommend this home cinema. My four star rating is because the sound modes are not too great but that's because my living room is a bit small for the set up. But definitely I would recommend this equipment.