• Customer reviews

on 28 April 2014
Simple, economical, perfect. I bought this to be able to lower the volume while practicing so as not to annoy the wife and neighbors, and it works great. It's made of rubber and is flexible enough so that you can bend it easily to fit it over the bridge. One has to be careful of course, so as not to damage the bridge, but it's not difficult. Once fitted, it really muted the sound quite a bit, allowing me to practice without having to fear everyone's wrath. Very happy!

Notes of interest:
- Muting isn't as silent as one might expect, but it sounds to me at about half the volume.
- Rubber has a very strong chemical smell (hoping it will fade with time).
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
41 people found this helpful
on 22 January 2016
As I live in a high rise block of flats, I need a practice mute to avoid getting complaints from the surrounding flats. and my violin is LOUD (I actually use earbuds or headphones to stop deafening myself)

This product is an excellent value for the price. the downside, (which with many full 4 string mutes) its the sound becomes very very dull. That said, it is still useable, and it also depends on the strings you have. Besides, its not as if im performing in front of people when using the practice mute.

It sits easily and snug on the bridge, so it quietens all 4 strings, unlike mutes i had in past which was only the two middle strings.

Please note however, as it does not say in the description (at least at time of buying), that it ships direct from china. So expect it to take a month or so to arrive.
5 people found this helpful
on 8 January 2014
Superb item which I would highly recommend especially for those just beginning music lessons. Be careful when fitting as pressing too hard could damage the violin bridge.
21 people found this helpful
on 16 February 2018
Provides a middling degree of sound reduction - somewhere between my more effective and considerably more expensive metal practice mute and an ordinary con sordino mute. One advantage is that it still allows the tone quality some room to breathe.
on 4 July 2017
Great little mute nice and easy to slide over the bridge, does the job really well, and because it is small it can be dropped into your Violin case for easy storage, Great little product and a must have for anyone who likes to play into the late evenings or to just give your loved ones a break. I would highly recommend it as you will only ever need to buy this one since it is made so well, and will last a life time i am sure.
on 1 October 2017
Works well, although I have to retune violin after but this was somewhat expected with my new strings still settling. For the price I am very pleased as it works surprisingly well and I can now practice without the neighbours complaining.
on 3 June 2017
Violin mute to lower the loudness of your practicing times so not to annoy anyone though don't expect it to silence things alot.
For the price it's ideal for my household. Very happy with it and much appreciated by others within earshot of my playing efforts.
on 25 June 2017
Really handy little device. makes my violin quieter so that I can practice any time I like. The first order got lost in the post so the seller very kindly sent another free of charge. excellent customer service and perfect item.
on 15 March 2014
I live in a block of flats, so it's great for cutting down the noise of my practice. It significantly reduces the volume level of the instrument without rattling or making any other weird sounds. Highly recommend!
12 people found this helpful
on 6 May 2014
I thought I'd been conned when I opened the parcel and found this. It looks like it could never work. In fact it does, brilliantly. Every violin tutor should gift one of these beauties to the parents of every beginner, they will love him/her forever.

For the more experienced player it allows practice to continue into the night without noise abatement orders arriving through the post. Great muffling of pitch without distorting the sound unpleasantly.