Customer reviews

Walk Through Exits Only
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 August 2013
Struggled with this. Lifelong Anselmo fan and have played it several times but find I lose patience mid-track. It's really bass heavy, found myself adjusting the sub to compensate. Feels like a SJR/Down hybrid and lacks the punch and clarity of the earlier Pantera stuff. For me, too much continual instrumentation and not enough breaks. It is a steam train of sound but could do with a few stations along the way.
on 28 July 2013
This record feels like the record out man Phil has been wanting to make for a while. Think Superjoint but heavier! This definitely a grower though, give a few listens before making your decision, however I personally feel this is an iPod essential for fans of heavier music, even if you're not sure at first you'll eventually find yourself listening to tracks like 'Bedridden' over and over again!

Well done Mr Anselmo!
on 28 August 2013
'I walk through exits only because I can' bellows Anselmo on the title track. Yup, he is Phil Anselmo and he can do whatever the hell he likes. And on this record he does. It's a blistering journey of devastating aggression, brutality and attitude delivered with incredible passion by a living legend.
The first time you listen, you will probably feel like you've just done twelve rounds with Mike Tyson. It is mind blowingly heavy and ibtense
on 17 June 2014
Mr Anselmo can do no wrong with this album. Epic is a word use far to often these day but this album is brutally epic. Worth buying in every aspect. If you like it heavy this is HEAVY...
on 5 October 2013
heavy and creative.thoroughly ear friendly and enjoyable to listen to.would definitely recommend buying if u like your music to be like a ten ton concrete sledge?!!
on 22 September 2014
blistering... I was writing when I downloaded and stuck the album on and looked away from my work with .."holy F***" more than once.
on 24 December 2013
After reading other reviews here I decided to buy this. That was a mistake on my part, I have to say I agree completely with motorider. Awful production, no riffs to speak of, guitar leads with no structure or sense, blast beat drums (which when done right sound great, unlike this album) and Phil sounds like he's trying his hardest to blow out his vocal chords. I've given it 1 star only because I couldn't award it 0. I wanted to like this too as I've loved almost everything Phil's been involved with. I love extreme music, played loudly and aggressively, but this just left me cold. Not for me I'm afraid.