on 25 June 2013
One of the things that I noticed from Lurhmann's "The Great Gatsby" (apart from striking cinematography) was music - the soundtrack so perfect and so organically merged with the picture, that I simply cannot imagine the film without it - this OST is a backbone to the film.

This is one great soundrack (one of the best for me in recent years, but Buz Lurhmann always had a great ear for the music - just check out the OST for his "Romeo + Juliet" - Romeo And Juliet), Film aside, this is just a brilliant and diverse compilation album that I am sure will play on people's stereos this summer. I simply cannot stop listening to it since I downloaded it last night. Surprisingly, even performers that I disliked previously I am beginning to enjoy - everything is so lavish and varied, and just beautifully made.

If you loved the film - buy the soundtrack. If you did not love the film - buy the soundtrack anyway!
10 people found this helpful
on 7 September 2013
I love soundtracks, they help me continue to re-live the films I enjoyed. I don't however get the fuss over Jay Z, but on this soundtrack where Jay Z is also the executive producer (oops that could be a worry) it works brilliantly. I have not removed this from the car stereo since I purchased it. The new versions of previous songs (such as originals like Back to Black-Amy Winehouse / Crazy In Love-Beyoncé) really work well & the stuff you don't know soon work their magic. Love, love, love.
on 2 June 2013
Baz Luhrmann's Great Gatsby has divided opinion critically however the soundtrack accompanying his film is a vibrant array of amazing talent and fantastic songs. Every song, from the Emeli Sande's 20s inspired Crazy in Love to the 20s-Noughties dance fusion track A Little Party Never Killed Nobody serves as a crucial backbone to the film but are standalone songs in their own right.

This album has often been called a "bridge" between the heady jazz numbers of the 20s to the sound of modern music and never has a marriage fitted beautifully together. The standout song has to be Lana Del Rey's haunting Young & Beautiful. A truly soulful, evocative and haunting piece of music.

One of the most exciting film soundtracks to have been produced in many years. Listen to it now!
on 25 December 2017
Music From Baz Luhrmann's Film The Great Gatsby this was what i was buying and the link to mp3 gave me this album, very misleading stay away and check....
on 26 April 2014
Wonderful collection of music put together for a glittering fabulous film. Despite the music being quite modern and the era of the film being quite the opposite, the songs and the movie come together quite spectacularly, so much so that it makes you feel like you could be at one of Gatsby's great parties.
A fine listen!
on 5 November 2014
Most of this was too urban for me but it included several unforgettable songs that made me relive moments from the film.
on 1 December 2014
I'm a big fan of Baz Luhrmann films and loved Gatsby. I like the music track because it has a great mix of music. I own many film track music albums but this is one of my favourite.
2 people found this helpful
on 18 June 2013
I wasn't impressed by the Great Gatsby movie but I loved the book and also the music from the film. This is a brilliant compilation from the talented Jay-Z. I will be listening to it a lot this summer, and beyond. It arrived promptly and in perfect condition. I will order from these people again.
on 22 July 2013
wonderful music, jayz, will iam,emile sande, beyonce all do a marvellous job. beyonces cover of amy winehouses' back to black is truely haunting as is lana del rays "young and beautiful"

a great mix for all tastes
on 5 April 2018
Fab album. Love it. Good to put on before going out. Great in the car too. Also TTS of music on there.