Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.49

on 31 May 2013
I just happened across this book and read the synopsis. Liking what I read, I decided to buy and started reading straightaway...I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN!!! This story of Rylee and Colton has made me laugh, cry, gasp and sigh and personally, I cannot wait until August for FUELED to make an appearance. I enjoyed everything about this book, the writing, the story, every essence of it allows the reader's imagination to be DRIVEN...well done K. BROMBERG on your first publication...it was exceptionally good :)Driven (The Driven Trilogy)
on 19 July 2013
I read a lot of books in this series and rarely do you get characters who have a honest and believable complexity about them. But that is what has been delivered in Driven.
I LOVED everything about this book. You will not be disappointed. The chemistry between the two main characters jumps off the page. Utterly Divine!!
on 28 July 2013
This is a great read I am captivated by the storey and so hope that she gets what she desires, brilliant cliff hanger to want you wanting so much more i dont know how i will wait till 27th August a whole month and it feels like forever. I wasnt a big reader until recently and this has kept me wanting to read more.
on 5 June 2013
Finally a book that is worth a mention. This is book one and what a story, I got hooked into this right away and when i finished it - I wanted book 2.. Not possible until August. Sad Face. Brilliant read and was a freebie.
Sexy and emotional - He does not do love - she wants love. Will she get her way ?
on 17 July 2013
I really enjoyed this book and can't wait for the next. It was well written with romance, love, humour, anguish and lots of story to come. Colton is defiantly up there with Gideon, Christian, Jesse, and the others. Why can't we make more men like this!!!
on 18 June 2013
The only thing wrong with this book.......? The fact that it ends!!!

I loved it with a passion, literally cannot fault it. It has everything you want from this genre, and then some!

Beautifully written, flowed perfectly, well developed characters, passion, hotness, drama, a hot hot hot alpha male ( with a troubled passed and commitment issues i might add) You name it, it's in there.

Our female lead is also fabulous! She has a story, a heartbreaking one at that, but she has a life of her own and doesn't succumb to bad boy Colton at the 1st hint of his pursuit.

It does have a similar ish feel to FSOG, and the crossfire books, but......the male lead in this one is not as needy and is definitely not gushing how much he "need" Rylee from the get go, which ( and I loved those books by the way) is refreshing. He says sweet and romantic things, but in a completely different kind of way.

Read it in one sitting, just putting it down to feed myself and go to the toilet lol, that's how hooked I was.

Gutted that I have to wait for book 2, but after leaving it like that, I think it's worth the 2 month wait! Roll on August :)

Highly recommend, and am definitely looking out for more work from K. Bromberg in the future.
on 6 September 2014
4 'Ace' Stars.

<excerpt>He exudes virility, evokes desire, and commands attention all with a single look from his stunning eyes. He's edgy and reckless and you want to go along for the ride hoping to get a glimpse of his tender side that breaks through every now and again. The bad boy with a touch of vulnerability who leaves you breathless and steals your heart.</excerpt> Rylee Thomas

Driven delivered in so many ways. The writing was wonderful, the sexual tension was palpable and the pace made this a great slow build with enough character progression allowing the reader to connect on a personal level. It did hold many similarities to Fifty Shades but all is forgiven because this book is compelling as much as it is frustrating.

Rylee, our heroine and storyteller is a kind woman with a good heart who is finally coming out of the shadows of a two year living nightmare. The man she promised to marry is gone and all that is left is bad memories and deep seated scars.

Colton Donavon aka 'Ace' is every woman's walking wet dream; a successful racing car driver and millionaire playboy. The son of a famous Hollywood movie director he has the world falling at his feet (or a blond bombshell or two hundred) but inside he is hiding a multitude of pain. He may be beautiful, successful and rich but there is a side to him that very few ever see...

When a childrens charity event throws these two young and emotionally baggage claiming souls together, neither could have predicted what was to follow as their two very different worlds, collide

Colton makes no reservations in telling Rylee he wants her in his bed, but with no promises of commitment, Rylee is scared to open her heart to the notorious womaniser because she knows it will end badly. Refusing to be inconsequential she throws up a wall in the safe hopes of keeping a distance - unfortunately, in doing so, she has become his greatest challenge yet, and with his persuasive charm and stellar bedroom skills, she knows it's only a matter of time before she succumbs to his every whim.

"I want to take my time with you, Rylee. I want to build you up nice and slow and sweet like you need. Push you to crash over that edge. And then I want to fk you the way I need to. Fast and hard until you're screaming my name. The way I've wanted to since you fell out of that storage closet and into my life." - Colton Donavon

This man doesn't do relationships, and Rylee doesn't do one night stands so something has to give, but giving him her heart can only lead to one thing ... heartbreak.

And WOW what a sexually charged, emotionally thwart story this was. Driven is that book that has you sighing, swooning and teeth-gritting all at the same time. Indeciveness, regret, guilt and an overpowering need to belong is the main theme here. Rylee and Colton reminded me of two kids on a see-saw, they were up one minute and down the next, and neither was budging anytime soon. It got a little monotonous at times, whereas others Colton would do something out of character and so selfless it would just melt your heart, the warmth of it flowing right down to your toes. Apart from his dirty mouth, which was one of his finer attributes in my opinion, he is a man of many layers and I believe we have only just touched the surface.

Rylee came across as the sort of person you could easily befriend but you would handle with kid gloves. Not surprising given the events of her recent past but still, her inner warring in respect of Colton gave me a bout of whiplash. Still strong in her own way, her zest for giving life another shot was inspiring, even though I feared for her the fact that she decided to go for it gave me a newfound respect for her later on in the story.

There is no denying it though, and just like our girl here, I fell hard for Colton Donavon - the broken alpha with a dark and tortured soul. Rylee is his saviour and I'm certain she can fix him... but after that gut-wrenching ending, she's got her work cut out and with no checkered flag in sight anytime soon, it may be a long time coming.

READ IT!
on 15 December 2015
OMFG!!! HOLY S***!!! WOW!!!
What an amazing book! I can't believe it, the flow was spot on and just right and the characters, i have totally fallen in love them!!!
Rylee has a tragic past where she was engaged to Max, but following a fatal car accident she has had to pick up the pieces and try to continue with her life in the best way possible.
Rylee runs a charity house for boys that are abandoned in one way or another. She loves them like her own and has done for the 2 years she has worked with them, and she will do anything and everything she can to show them love.
Coulton comes along at a charity event and rescuses her from a locked storage cupboard. From the moment they meet they have an electrical buzz between them that neither have ever felt before, and he just cannot leave her alone!
He turns up at The House whilst Rylee is working, desperate for her to go on a date with him. One of the young boys in the house, who hasn't spoken or made any conscience interaction to anyone in the 3 months he has been there, takes a shine to Coulton and finally makes a little step toward getting better.
Rylee sees something in Coulton and finally agrees to go on a date with him. They start a 'relationship' and as they get to know each other, its clear that Coulton had a terrible start in life until he was adopted aged 8.
They go through a ton of twists and turns but things begin to get a little better... Or do they?
Will Coulton tell Rylee about his past?
Can Coulton open his heart and let Rylee in?
Will Rylee get her HEA or will his past pull them apart forever?
Reviewed by Tracy@LadiesOfLoveBookBlogAndGraphics
on 22 September 2013
I liked, it, but I didn't love it. There were elements that I did love and was left desperate to know more, but equally there were those I struggled with and felt indifferent.

Colton has an air of Gideon Cross about him only instead of sexy billionaire businessman, we have a sexy race car driver. He has secrets, he's clearly damaged and he's a complete contradiction of himself, but underneath the dominant exterior he has a lovely tender side. Rylee is a strong lady, with her own painful past and I liked her. She's feisty, snippy and says what she thinks. But their growing relationship gave me whiplash and with the exception that he's very skilled in the extra-curricular department, Colton took his time in giving me something to make me think he is worth fighting for. Had I been Rylee I might have kicked him to the kerb...but where's the story in that...

Whilst I found it slow to start with, perseverance paid off and about 30% in it started to pick up. There's plenty of sexual tension, chemistry and passion but Colton hasn't quite made my list of literary loves; he should have really as Gideon Cross has, there are similarities and I couldn't help but make comparisons, in both character traits and secrets. The main sticking point for me was Rylee's nickname for Colton - Ace. Granted it's clearly an acronym for something, but nevertheless it's been used before.

But don't get me wrong, whilst it's not one of my favourites I wasn't completely disappointed by any means, I just think I expected more; it's still a good read and I will definitely read the rest of the series. Judging by how this ended, their ride will be far from smooth and I'm confident that there are plenty more surprises and plenty character development to come.
There are so many positive reviews for this book which is fabulous, I just don't agree with them. In a word it is derivative. The author seems to have been very inspired by the 50 Shades and Crossfire series. Unfortunately this book is not as good. The characters are not likeable or nuanced. On the plus side, the cover is nice.