on 3 April 2010
I am a British citizen living in South Africa and started my Family Tree some years ago in the UK. I'm now permanently residing in South Africa and continuing with my research. I have found this book extremely valuable and recommend it to anyone who finds it difficult to travel to the national or local offices to do any research. Although I have not fully utilised all the information it has been the answer, and what I have been looking for with help in my genealogy on - line research.

Regards

Charles Hughes
on 5 December 2010
If you are new to Genealogy - this book is for you.

Having watched Who Do You Think You Are, I was keen to have a go myself. The trouble is that it can be so complicated! I did a little research and this book seemed to fit the bill - and I was right.

The book is good in the sense that whether you are a first time genealogist, or a seasoned one, there is something in here for everyone. The book is well written in chronological order, with references to a number of websites. Having said all that, there is nothing like experience. What I found is that you need to get on and actually do your family tree - and this is where you can then pick up the book for reference. I started off by reading the book in its entirety even before I had started researching my tree - and so I was a little confused.

Having now used the book for a while whilst researching my family tree, it is a valuable reference source of information on a day to day basis.

Highly recommended.
on 19 December 2009
This publication will be the answer to all Genealogists Web site queries which are given in a full and clear manner.
on 29 October 2012
I have so far only had time to look through what this book has to offer and am very pleased with what appears to be a very comprehensive collection of useful information . I can see that it could well become a sort of essential item to keep on my desk. I would have considered it excellent value for money at its normal price so to have copy which looks unused so cheaply is a bonus . I am sure it will not look unused for long . Information about finding even more information could be invaluable . Would certainly recommend for that . Not perhaps a book for the social history side , but clues seem to be there to point reader in right direction .
on 19 January 2012
I've read many books purporting to explain how the internet can help your Family History research. This one, the 4th edition of The Genealogist's Internet, is by far the best. Not only does it contain more lucidly-explained methods and a huge number of up to date web addresses, it is written by an expert, Peter Christian.
Originally I borrowed a copy from my local library but it is so full of information that I just had to buy my own copy.
Well done Peter and thank you

David Ward
on 26 December 2009
A really excellent reference book to keep beside your workplace I have found it essentail.
on 6 May 2011
Just the thing for learning how to track down your ancestors if your into genealogy good read and full of information good buy for the price
on 7 August 2009
Brilliant book. A must have for geneologists who want to surf the net looking for lost family etc.
on 20 March 2014
A very useful manual for my internet search into my family history.Great value and delivered exactly as promised and well on time.
on 21 November 2013
Just the book for me, easy to read, clear advice and references to enable me to stuck into my family tree.Well pleased.