on 7 January 2014
At £219.00 through Amazon at least a £100.00 saving on many retailers. Airplay through the LAN connection is very useful, can play my i-tunes music from any of my Macs on the network. Had a little trouble at first making a HDMI connection between my older Sony Bravia TV, but that was sorted using a better quality High Speed HDMI lead, also no audio return channel (ARC) from the TV, but sorted using a stereo phono lead from TV to the receiver. Good sound quality and easy to set up. I paired this with the well rated and good value Pioneer S-HS 100 5.1 6ohm speaker set, also from Amazon, so very pleased with the overall result. Smooth sound with plenty of control and connectivity.
Network extension to the receiver can be easily achieved if you have a spare mains socket nearby. I used a TP-Link TL-WPA4220KIT which has the added benefit of two ethernet ports, one for the receiver and one for a Roku 3 streaming device. I've always found wired to be better than wireless for streaming BBC i-player, Netflix, NOW, etc
4 people found this helpful
on 24 November 2013
I bought this amplifier for our 3D/dolby 5.1 setup. Works as it should.

Good
- good sound options, automatic surround calibration, easy setup
- airplay works even if the amplifier is off
- with my panasonic TV/dvd it detects their volume control and power on/off signals

Not so good
- in 3d, on screen volume indicators are hard to read (i think the amplifier sends a 2d signal) - this they should fix
- setup on screen menu is 80's quality. You don't need it after setting things up, but still
- iphone app is horrible - the remote is better (there is no dedicated ipad app)
4 people found this helpful
on 2 July 2014
I'm not going to go into great detail about this, others have. It works great but I'm glad I've got an alternative to this for the airplay functionality. I've also got an Apple TV box connected to this receiver, and it is far more reliable. The Pioneer frequently disappears from iTunes as an option for speaker output. Thankfully at the same time the Apple TV box just carries on working.

There may well be a solution that I'm unaware of, or something stupid that I'm doing, but thought I would share my experience as this might the deciding factor for some people.

Set-up was a doddle, sound is awesome and switching between the inputs a breeze. Only other downside is the on screen display is pretty poor, and it's ability to read the various movie formats on my NAS is virtually non-existant. As it sounds great, and I didn't buy it for networked features, I've still given it four stars (at this price it's a bargain).
One person found this helpful
on 12 September 2014
At £179 was a bargain. Great amp, but had to replace my passive sub woofer with an active type sub. Has been flawless in av delivery. More connections then anyone could need. The unit is a little on the large size, but fits my av unit snugly. Now looks like the price is back to £299!!! Would recommend, but go for the newer model that does AirPlay video. This unit only does AirPlay audio, but suits me fine, as bought to replace a Sony all in one unit.
on 21 July 2014
Apart from concern about packaging (just labels on the Pioneer box) all was fine. This could have been a present, plus the box says "high value". Anonymous brown wrapper better.
on 19 July 2014
Excellent amplifier with affordable price 179,90 pounds. I replaced it due to my Pioneer-VSX-921-k, 450,00 pounds, lasted only two years, incredible. I use the new one with my JBL ES 100 speakers and the sound is amazing!

Also, Amazon gives a great service!
on 18 September 2014
Fantastic
on 21 August 2014
Seems good.
on 11 August 2014
Good product, But MAN, setting up the internet radio is a real pain!!!!
on 25 May 2014
i hjave been looking for ages for a new one it is very good sound easy to set up but most of set up guide is on cd rom came befor 1pm i am overall very over the moon with it