Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£7.75

on 19 February 2016
Dr Fuhrman has changed my life, buy all his books and bookmark his web site - follow his instructions and discover a World of health, energy and beautiful, nutritious meals. My Fiance had a heart attack and 4 stents at 56 years of age, I had been following Dr Fuhrman's advice and lost 30lbs already and not wanting to take the Statins and beta blockers he had been prescribed he decided to join me - he was due further a stent procedure 3 months later and was amazed to be told that he no longer had any disease in one of the arteries planned for treatment. 6 months on he has just received a letter from his consultant cardiologist telling him that after recent tests he can find no evidence of residual problems with the pattern of bloodflow in the heart arteries and that all his results are highly satisfactory, when the heart attack happened the consultant was very concerned and had advised us of the possibility of an eventual heart bypass operation. On top of this he is now at the weight he was in his 20s and feeling fantastic. The transition to this way of eating was so enjoyable and we don't feel that we have given up anything at all, instead we have gained more than we could ever have imagined!
on 10 July 2014
I purchased this book as I had heard about Dr Fuhrman's approach from a friend. The book is very straightforward and the plan is easy to follow. 1st couple of weeks are quite tough as you change to a effectively a vegan diet but he tells you this and indeed it does pass. Now into the swing of it and can thoroughly recommend this book. Great recipes to start you off too. It is written for an American audience and some of the products he recommends (his own) are not available in the UK, however it is simple enough to substitute these. My only criticism is a lot of repetition about the central message so it gets 4 starts instead of 5
on 26 August 2013
I first became aware of Dr Fuhrman as he was Joe Cross's doctor in Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and he has his own inspiring way of eating - since reading his book and also the Nutritarian Handbook I have become a Nutritarian most of the time and it is a sensible way of eating it you want to eat food rather than just juice as Joe did. I try to do a bit of both. I can recommend both books to you but I bought them for my Kindle but now wish (if they were available in book form) i had bought them as a book as i have an original Kindle which is black and white and no colour - the highlighted bits where obviously in colour and you dont get the same effect in black and white - but i am glad I got them and if you are interested in eating only nutrients you will find this interesting
on 24 July 2014
Excellent information that has very quickly changed my life and the lives of those close to me for the better- weight loss, improved sleep and energy, decreased visceral fat, improved heart profiles, all with with no hunger. Please read all of Dr. Fuhrman's book, including the End of Dieting, if you want a healthy lifestyle that works effortlessly.
on 3 November 2013
I found this book very informative and helpful. It enables you to read a little at a time, perhaps put into practice some of the suggestions made, and then return to it at a later date to look at another area. A really good publication.
on 2 July 2013
I have read a number of books on this subject; most people would find this readable; it has beautifully clear scientific explanations of what causes us to overeat (toxic hunger) and how to regain our normal healthy appetite, which we may not have experienced since we were toddlers!
PS There are some recipes too; the healthy chocolate cake was delicious, everyone enjoyed it, and we were surprised there were no unpleasant sensations afterwards, it left your palate clean.
on 21 October 2014
There are some fantastic recipes in here, however the book is really let down by the fact that the meal plans are in low res image format and completely unreadable using Kindle on a PC.
on 9 September 2013
My colleague lost lots of weight using this book, so I bought it too. It has some great recipes and the comments make sense. It is the first time I have seen someone lose so much weight. I feel much better sticking to the plan.
on 30 May 2014
I would have given 5 stars but for the fact this is clearly written for the US market so many of the recipes use ingredients not found in the UK or not found easily or cheaply.
on 14 February 2014
A life saver!!! I HIGHLY recommended this book and this way of life - why wait till you have a disease to fight it this is truly the prevention rather than the cure!!