on 14 April 2017
Pleased with my purchase.
on 28 November 2013
I bought this book even if I knew what I was going to get. Philip is the king of cut and paste and this book is only a rewrite of a previous book from the same author: Napoleonic Cavalry. Some paragraphs or pictures are even the same. Just changed the title and added a nice cover. And I was very disappointed with the artworks, really there is only one, repeated in the cover and in the interior. The rest are just troop deployments, and using full pages art color for just showing troop deployment is a waste of space in my opinion.

I guess the second book from Philip on the same topic, about to appear, will be just the rest of the book I mentioned above.
on 27 October 2013
Philip Haythornthwaite works doesn't needs to be recommended among the Napoleonics buffs. But this volume adds a real entertaining view to the knowledge of cavalry tactics of the era. Recommended.
on 13 August 2013
A good roundup of the information of Napoleonic heavy cavalry. if you already have researched the topic it may still be worth getting for the usual good quality illustrations.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse