Customer reviews

Colour: Black|Change

on 9 May 2017
A great, well-made and good value lens.
Has the nicest, creamiest bokeh of any of my lenses. So much better than the Panny 25mm f/1.7 which has a nasty "doubling up" effect in the bokeh. This one is completely smooth and dreamy.
Also just seems to produce nice portraits generally. Skin tones I get with this lens just seem more natural somehow than almost any other lens I've tried.
It doesn't focus very close, so no good for macro. Really this is a portrait lens and not much else, but at that, it excels.
It does looks a bit ridiculously small on a DSLR-style body like my G80. More suited to a rangefinder-style body I suspect. If you care about that sort of thing.
One thing I have noticed is that the aperture can be quite noisy. Of course most of the time you'll be shooting this wide open or nearly, but if you do have cause to stop down, you may find that it produces quite an alarming clicking noise when it's adjusting the aperture. Might be an issue if using it for video in an auto-aperture mode...
Overall, very happy with it.
on 29 August 2017
I love this lens. I'm a new photographer, but I have several prime lenses from various manufacturers (Panasonic, Rokinon) and none of them give me the same confidence as this one. The autofocus is lighting fast, the bokeh is creamy delicious and it's quite a small lens, too. Regardless of lighting conditions I was able to get sharp photos of my subjects without any issues.
Not a very technical review, but somehow, as an amateur, this lens helped me feel like a pro :)
on 16 September 2017
Super lens
I bought this for my wife.
She didn't know what top do with it at first... now she loves it
A fantastic portrait lens... and the price is accessible
Lovely lens. Wish others were available at this price.
I can't believe how much some micro 43rd lenses cost !
on 8 October 2015
After selling my kit lens (14-42mm) I looked on YouTube to see what other MFT users had as lenses in their kit.
Everyone said this was essential prime lens to have, don't think I've seen a bad review on it EXCEPT Olympus need to wake up and supply lens hoods!
on 11 October 2016
One of the best m4/3 lenses you can buy. It is so sharp for both video and photography. Would highly recommend to anyone!
on 15 August 2017
A brilliant lens ideal portrait or short tele.i have used it to photograph runners at our local parkrun event and you can quite easily isolate individuals in a group . Also the ability to render beautifully smooth backgrounds make it an essential for your kit bag.
on 11 July 2017
5 stars!!!!
on 26 July 2017
Fantastic portrait lens. A must for any micro for thirds users.
on 30 January 2015
Great bit of kit just not had the oportunity to use it this time of year with the BlackMagic Pocket Cine Camera - looking forward to Spring/Summer - OAK77uk
on 25 September 2017
Love love love this lens!! So glad I bought it when Olympus was having a promo!