Scent Name: 43*31 cm (A3)|Change

on 12 February 2014
If you want a lightpad, I'd really recommend this one over the slightly cheaper Minisun ones. On a Minisun the cable is on the underside, which in my case meant it severed after a few weeks of use because, obviously, that's where the pressure is placed when in use. With a Minisun you also don't get the option of replacing the cable as it is glued in to the unit. With the Huion however, the cable is detachable and fits to the unit at the side. It's just as bright as the Minisun but feels better made. The adjustable brightness feature is also very useful for my work.

There are some downsides: the touch-sensitive button is easy to accidentally turn off when working as it has no lock feature. Also the cable is too short so I'm always having to plug it into extensions. And it did take a while to arrive as I believe it's manufactured in Hong Kong. Still though the delivery was free and the downside factors aren't anywhere near as annoying as the bad points of other lightpads. So: highly recommended.
on 19 May 2017
I use these light boxes to take flats in astrophotography. I use an A4 light box for my Sky 90 refractors and have bought this A3 light box to take flats on my 11" Celestron SCT. The very uniform illumination means the flats are excellent.
on 25 March 2017
I use it to help me cut stained glass. It makes the pattern shine through clearly, even if the glass is nearly opaque. It's thin, light, bright and excellent value.
on 26 June 2017
A very good unit, lightweight, thin and nicely made. One slight problem, for which I would have removed half a star if I could, is that it is sometimes difficult to get the brightness you want first or second time, it either goes to full or down to zero. This is not a serious complaint.
on 29 May 2017
I like this product a useful addition to my art collection . I like the fact it can be used in any lighting conditions very useful indeed have recommended to others .
on 7 June 2017
Came super fast to Denmark. Well packed.
Item works as a charm. I bought A3 and it is really nice size. Wouldn't go for bigger one. Light can be adjusted super bright and super low. It works for thick paper as well. This is my new best friend. Love it :)
on 17 November 2013
The light box is great, well made and solid. The dimming function is very useful especially for different thicknesses of paper. At first I occasionally brushed the off switch by mistake, but learnt quickly to keep my fingers away from it - very sensitive. I have found that the mains lead needs to be in the light box before it is plugged into the wall or it won't switch on. And if the plug is left in with the light box off, the plug sometimes needs to be unplugged and re-plugged before it lights. The lead is short, about a metre. All this said it still is a fantastic bit of kit - used most days since it arrived. The A3 model is big enough for 2 children to draw on A4 sheets at the same time with lighted area to spare. Speedy delivery and well packaged.
on 17 January 2014
This was everything I'd hoped for in a Lightbox! Extremely well constructed, very, very slim and the dimmer function is very responsive. It's light enough to be easily transportable but not so light that it moves around in use. Rulers are a nice addition.
Very pleased!
on 25 May 2016
NOT A2.
on 20 July 2016
It's a great lightpad but be aware that it is not A2 size, it's just slightly larger than A3 and not twice the size of A3 as one would assume by it's heading description. An A2 paper will not fit the illuminated area, that's very disappointing.