Customer reviews

on 2 June 2013
I've had Gimp for a few months now, I had got myself the "Book of Gimp" and was ready to go. But I think I was trying to run before I could walk. Just couldn't seem to make any real progress(to much information). Then I saw this book on Kathrine's Youtube channel(great tutorials by the way)
Best money I've spent in along time, It gives you a perfect base to build up from. It's easy to follow and her teaching is spot on.
If you are a complete newbee to gimp and photo editing like I am, I would say this little book is a must. Now when I'm going through the "Book of Gimp" or watching any tutorials it's all a lot easier to follow along with and get the results I'm happy with, when before, I was rubbish!! It's also got a good reference section. This is a great little book, BUY IT!!!!
on 6 June 2017
Fantastic book. I was really impressed by the amount of features covered in this book, after reading it the average user will be able to do almost all they need in Gimp. It also sets you up nicely for going on and learning more using online tutorials. There are a couple of typos, which is a bit annoying, but that doesn't detract from the overall quality of the material. I don't usually rate Kindle How To books, but this one is excellent. A real shame there aren't other Gimp guides as good, I bought The Book of Gimp after this which was a waste of money. One thing, if you download it, use the online Kindle reader (you can actually just use a web browser like Chrome) as there's a lot of colour.
on 4 September 2017
Excellent book. Just what I required.
on 12 August 2016
Excellent book for those wanting to get to grips with Gimp. Although I have now been using Gimp for a couple of years it was not long after starting to read this book that I had learnt something new. Would definitely recommend.
on 23 September 2013
I'm no techie and needed something that literally walked me through the stages like a child. Thanks MUM what a great manual and really is easy to follow. Some things take a bit of getting used to but that's because I'm a bit slow and nothing to do with the brilliant instructions.
on 9 August 2014
Love the step by step approach to this. You can work along with her or use her own sample photos. I'm very new to editing but with this and the trial of Lightroom I look like quite a professional photographer ....well happy with about 20 out of 400!
on 16 December 2014
Excellent step by step introduction to Gimp's powerful graphical tools, covering versions 2.6 and 2.8 of Gimp. The practical exercises are backed up by a first class website with free sample photos. Great value for money.
on 28 January 2015
Gimp is a very comprehensive photo/picture editing program, too comprehensive for my needs. However, I used it in conjunction with "How to Gimp", which was available on Kindle and seemed to be the cheapest and most straightforward of all the books on Gimp. The sheer number of books on using Gimp gives some idea of the complexity of it.. All I wanted to do was crop a couple of pictures and I managed that with little trouble, but I have no doubt that people more creative and imaginative than me would spend many happy hours exploring the possibilities of this free program, and this book seems to me to the ideal companion to it.
on 25 February 2014
A well written handbook, covering the Gimp program. Ideal for the initial user, or for users migrating from other programs.
on 13 December 2014
Briliantly simple explanations of complex procedures, well done Katherine Landreth!