on 11 May 2017
I hadn't heard of this book before, but had seen that it came highly recommended from another genealogy fiction writer that I follow on Facebook. Everyone that had read it had said it was an excellent story, and they weren't wrong. Once I started reading, I couldn't put it down. I would definitely recommend this to other people.
on 25 April 2017
Enjoyed this book much more than I had expected. It's a great read and I couldn't put it down. I'm sure it will be enjoyed by anyone with an interest in family history; the details of the research are excellent. I became very involved with the characters and loved finding out all about them as the story evolved - I found it difficult to believe it was fiction.
on 23 April 2017
An interesting concept for a book, but the pace is very slow and the writing quite old fashioned. Female characters often 'sigh' and are frustratingly cliché. There is the odd twist but much of the book was too predictable and slow-paced for my liking.
on 30 July 2017
I enjoyed this thanks
on 22 August 2017
Loved it!
on 2 October 2017
A thoroughly enjoyable and absorbing book. I loved it.
on 12 August 2017
A really good read. Well written, and grips the reader's attention.
on 10 November 2013
This was a very enjoyable read, right from the start. Even though there are quite a few characters in the story it is easy to follow who is who. There are lots of twists and turns in the story and the author keeps you guessing until the very end.
on 28 October 2013
I would like to thank Peter from the "Lost Cousin" site for recommending, and Stephen Molyneux for writing this book.
Just loved it from beginning to end.
Anyone who is interested in Family Trees / History I am sure would enjoy this book as much as I did, as well as anyone who just likes a "good read"
on 15 July 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this novel. I found myself totally immersed in the Victorian story, at the same time eager to uncover the truth behind the Wedding Certificate. It's a fascinating plot, with lives and events being revealed in a simple narrative style which I felt made it all the more realistic and emotional. I was impressed by the amount of research which must have gone into the book and how the author has managed to mix historical fact, human emotion and modern genealogical techniques into one brilliant story.