Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£12.34

on 17 April 2015
This is the second book I have read by Alastair Begg and his voice comes across quite powerfully despite the co-authorship! I think it is fair to say that the chapter on Son of Man is alone worth the price of the book. Really enjoyed how they explained that title! I shall be reading that chapter again. The repeated reference to hymns was helpful though it may put off some readers outside the tradition. Overall it is worth reading.
on 4 April 2015
You can't get a better combination than Begg and Ferguson! What a gem of a book. A superb look at some of the names given to Jesus Christ and why He has those names. A practical, understandable explanation, not too 'deep' yet extremely inspirational and uplifting.
on 17 September 2013
This book highlights seven aspects of the person of the Lord Jesus Christ. Each chapter deals with one aspect in an easy to read style that draws the reader to the person of Christ. Each person who reads this book will have a greater appreciation of Christ as a result of time spent in meditating upon the truths that are highlighted.
on 6 August 2013
[full review is available on my blog which can be found on my profile]

Each chapter of Name Above All Names is a rich exploration of the greatness of Christ and His work. My most significant criticism is that this book ended. I would have greatly enjoyed additional chapters, the content was so good. I have a particular interest in the titles of Christ, but anyone would benefit from the insights in this book. We all need to know and love Jesus better, and meditating on His person and work cannot leave one cold. Thank God for men like Begg and Ferguson and for books like Name Above All Names!

Many thanks to Angie Cheatham and Crossway for providing a review copy of this book in return for a fair review.
on 1 July 2013
Found it to be helpful and challenging - would recommend it to others. The authors put Jesus in the place that he should occupy in a Christians life/King