on 17 December 2015
I bought this chess set for my son as a christmas gift. It was absolutely out of my expectation. Pictures and details in online was nice but it was disappointed with a very bad quality and COMPLETELY DIFFERENT with the display in online. However this item is not "hand crafted" it is machine cut with a very bad quality & built, pieces are very light weight and not okay to play, there are many marks and stains, the pin & hinges have very bad quality, very strong vanish smell, totally it was the worse product which I bought up till now.
I am going to return it back. I don't recommend this product, and I hope the seller displays right pictures with true details, because pictures of this product is completely different than reality that you see in online!!!???
review image
on 16 November 2013
I wanted a nice simple chess set. This does exactly that. Its a simple construction, nothing to fancy but it does exactly what I need.
on 30 May 2013
In the description of this product it states 'Best chess for the price' and I have to say it certainly lives up to its expectations. When I opened up the packaging I was warmly greeted with a charming yet gorgeous Chess and Draughts set. The pieces are of good sturdy quality but yet still have a delicate and detailed feel to them as well as the board they play on. The pieces are stored in the board and they fit in with ease with plenty of room for comfort.

Also with this product it comes in a neatly fitted white cardboard box, now I know it may not seem much, but I am planning on going to University this year and hope to bring my Chess set with me so this box will act marvellously protecting the folded board inside, which is of course ideal.

This product truly is unique and I am so happy that I found this offer I can't wait to play with this set over the years with my friends and family developing and forming friendships, while challenging them at the same time.
on 16 November 2013
Bought as present for my grandson and really pleased with it excellent quality and appearance would definitely recommend as a good buy
on 9 May 2016
Poor quality, craftsmanship poor, everything poor really, hinges not fitted very well pulling away from wood, when open the edges did not align, so returned soon as possible.

Amazon as usual returns process really easy and straight forward.
on 2 November 2015
This chess board has a white colour on A1!!!! )) we noticed it only now when started to use chess book! Everything upside down))) someone painted it in a rush I suppose.... And also the brown paint is running if you put them on a wet surface....
review image
on 27 December 2014
Having read the reviews I was expecting a real quality chess set with heavy solid wood pieces. I must admit this is a decent enough set but imo doesnt warrant 5 stars. Its decent enough no more no less.
on 26 July 2016
Fantastic Quality Chess Board. The board and pieces are very well made.

Overall a great product purchased that is of high quality and will last a long time, I highly recommend anyone to invest in this product. Definitely worth the investment completely.

Very fast delivery, thank you!
on 16 August 2015
The pieces don't feel as good as I had hoped or as they look. Theost annoying thing is having to take all the pieces out, including drafts when you're only playing chess as you have to turn the board over to play. They should have supplied a lot kebab to hold the pieces in the box.
on 5 June 2014
Great product to keep my mind fresh, the quality is really good for the money and they are nicely designed. Would reccommend!