Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 16 March 2016
This is not a film, it is a documentary about Joe CROSS, and others, and their aims to lose weight. It is a collection of peoples stories about why they want to lose weight, and follows them as they set about doing it. It is about the people reactions to fast food, rather than juicing. I was hoping to see more on the juicing process, recipes, and structured plans, but that was absent. I guess this documentary is best described as an advert for why you should give juicing a go, and the results you can achieve, rather than the juicing process itself.
on 11 November 2016
I watched this on Netflix simply to put on some background noise whilst training.

It is a very easy watch and I ended up being so inspired by Joe that I bought a Braun juicer and have been juicing ever since.

I bought this as a gift for a friend... and the same thing happened, they now have a juicer!
I have used a juicer on and off for the last 17 years. To be honest I have never done a juice fast but have used it to try and get more fruit and veg into my diet. 17 years on, I could do with, more energy and to lose about 2 stone in weight. This DVD which lasts about 90 minutes is a fascinating account or type of video diary which looks at the weight loss programme of a sick, fat man who is almost dead. The story examines his recovery from many skin ailments and his weight loss whilst on the fast.

I found the story fascinating and motivating and it has made myself and my partner far more aware of the benefits of juicing. We are about to start a 7 day juice fast on Monday and we look forward to getting the amazing results as seen on this DVD.

Fascinating and recommended.
on 9 February 2014
I purchased this DVD as it was suggested from Amazon. What a wonderful prompt that changed my life. His story is inspiring and his success in reaching a state of health and fitness with the aid of juicing. His story, along with Phil's in the DVD, have changed my life for the better.

I've lost 30 lbs after just 18 days of juicing and I'm doing a 60-day fast so I'm looking forward to getting healthier. I would completely recommend this DVD documentary for anyone!!!
on 10 February 2014
Brilliant documentary, packed with information , lots of humour & a touch emotive: I really felt for Phil before he started his juicing plan. He had allowed his comfort-eating to get totally out of hand to the extent that the depression - comfort eat - size increase - more depression had driven him so far down that the only way was up. There is a huge success story here that is very motivational both for better health &/or weight reduction. 10/10 without a doubt!
on 29 August 2017
Interesting documentary which features the story of an morbidly-obese truck driver who strives to get his life back, by drinking plant-based juices.

The final scene which shows him wearing "the T-shirt" is particularly poignant.
on 22 January 2014
Having helped many people As a qualified Personal Trainer, this DVD is such a helpful tool....
It explains & shows you just what putting good nutrition into our bodies actually does. Too many do not understand about nutrition, too hung up on calories, fat & carbs...
I have recommended this DVD & Joe's books to so many of my clients... Loaned my juicer out, bought juicers... Supported & encouraged...
This will answer all of your questions, explain & show you what you never believed possible, no gimmicks no pills no tricks....
Get the DVD & finally take back the control of your life..
on 6 May 2014
Had a Juicer for many years which we use regularly. Also recommend the Arise and Shine cleanse. We had just completed a 5 day juice fast (Jason Vale) very good. And we heard about this. Really makes the case for juicing and is entertaining. Even our 10yr old sat through it. Must now move on to more significant juicing.
on 23 September 2017
Great introduction into what healthy eating should be but does not give the viewer enough information as to how to go about it.
on 21 June 2017