on 28 March 2014
Bought this on a lightning deal to replace my elderly Oral-B electronic toothbrush that is showing its age. To be honest, I was mildly apprehensive as to whether my gnashers would get along with this brush, given that other reviewers have commented on its noisy and aggressive nature when unleashed on the more intense setting.
I needn't have worried. The vibrations on the 'tooth clean' higher setting are not jarring, to me at least, and the noise appears to be less intrusive than my old Oral-B, being a tad high pitched and mosquito-like compared to the more guttural growl of the Oral-B Professional.
The important thing is, how does it clean teeth? To my mind it does give a better mouth feel than the Oral -B brush, generating more inter-dental action than the latter (I supplement it by using a Philips water flosser). My teeth are left feeling satisfyingly clean, and the device appears to hold its charge well without dipping in power. I have not used the compact head yet, but unlike some other reviewers I have found the interdental brush supplied to be quite a handy little gizmo at helping to further clean and polish between and at the margins of my teeth, although whether the interdental toothbrush head is worth its replacement price is a moot point. I will cross that bridge when I come to it.
The housing is well assembled and solid, offering a good grip (contrary to what some others have commented) and is redolent of quality. Which brings me to my key gripe, one shared rightly by at least one fellow reviewer; why make a serviceable and attractive toothbrush with built-in obsolescence? Why wire in an irreplaceable battery, which means that the brush will have to be consigned to landfill when the battery eventually fails? It is a shame that an otherwise excellent product should come up short on its green credentials when it undoubtedly ticks so many other boxes. For me, this is the Achille's heel of an otherwise excellent product.

Edit... it was all going so swimmingly. Brush longevity appeared to be good, it was holding its charge very well, and I was very happy indeed with this product. I was beginning to look into buying replacement heads for the future (n.b.; this might not be straightforward - amazon merchants appear to charge astronomical prices, while the Waterpik site has had the 'stock expected in 14 days' message up for the last month!), and then the unit refused to charge. Not possible to say whether this is down to the battery or the base unit, but given that another poster has spoken of a similar problem with their unit after six months of use, it does suggest quality control issues with this item. When working, it is very good and 4 star, but I would now counsel caution before shelling out your folding stuff upon this product.
8 people found this helpful
on 25 April 2018
I wish I listened to the bad reviews on this one because this is the worst electric toothbrush Ive ever used. I charged it for 24 hours, used it for 3 days and on the 4th day it died half way through a brushing session. That's great isn't it, having teeth half brushed...

When it reaches 1 bar it stops working abruptly without warning, and when I started brushing it had 3 full bars of energy. This was a total waste of money. Ive gone back to my old Philips Sonicare which gives you a warning when it needs charging but lasts 2 weeks on a full charge anyway.

Another thing I noticed with the Waterpik brush is that the settings are either too soft, or really powerful. I do not recommend this brush to anyone at all, not even if it was free.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 27 February 2017
This toothbrush is amazing, much more powerful than anyother, my Dentist was amazed when he saw the difference after using it for 3 months
on 31 October 2015
Very fast delivery, hasn't been used yet, it's a Xmas gift. But quality looks good, is exactly what was described, a little pricey BUT! You get what you pay for, excellent.
on 4 September 2015
had a few of these, this one was the worst battery failures wouldn't charge put me of this range
on 15 July 2016
Good while it worked, it stopped working a few months after purchase, I contacted amazon who told to contact waterpik who told me to contact amazon, so I gave up. Good huh?
One person found this helpful
on 7 July 2014
Excellent toothbrush for the price. Missus is very happy with it so far (6 months of solid service at this point). She can't take the tickles at full chat, but being somewhat insensitive, I think it's just fine, and get the full benefit of max revs. Does leave my teeth feeling extra clean.
on 28 June 2014
Very good Idem. I can recommend it, because it cleans perfekt! My dentist also recommented this to me als the best one.
on 29 December 2014
Absolutely first class cleaning as usual from Waterpik. I still think the model before this was slightly better and the battery seemed to last longer too, but still a great toothbrush. I will never buy anything else now.
on 5 August 2014
Having had Waterpik toothbrushes in the past with great success I purchased this one. Unfortunately it didn't last long at all. Product seemed to be OK but it would not hold a charge.