on 22 May 2014
The Reason I wanted this bag was due to having back issues and carrying a large rucksack puts a lot of weight through my back, where as with this style of bag the weight is not as evenly distributed but is more through my shoulders, and I can alleviate some of the strain by switching sides when needed (I hope that is clear).

The padded strap is comfortable, although does slip off my shoulder if I am wearing certain cloths (the smooth material of my inner feather jacket some form of grip might have helped here.

So far I have managed to fit quite a bit in this bag, at one time I had my camera (Canon 20D), my macro lens (Canon 100mm f/2.8), my telephoto lens (Canon 400mm f/5.6), my Flash unit (Canon 430) my Binoculars (Swarovski 10x40s), my tripod and a small drinks bottle. As well as a notebook spare batteries and memorycards and some painkillers. Not bad, although it did weigh a fair bit then.
on 23 January 2014
I have spent weeks searching for a messenger bag that would fill certain criteria: medium size, not too small but nor did I want it too big, needed a handle as well a shoulder strap, individual front pockets to take various bits and pieces of equipment for street sketching, plus adequate space for digital SLR camera, tough and rainproof and of course, not incredibly expensive. 7dayshop's own website has a video which has a staff member demonstrating the bag's attributes.

This bag has been well thought out. An additional advantage to photographers is that it doesn't advertise itself as a camera bag. I would recommend it to artists; even if you don't want to use the tripod straps underneath the bag. There is a built-in padded tablet compartment independent of the removable padded camera compartment. If you are neither a photographer nor artist, this is also simply an excellent messenger bag, just take out the padded camera pocket. It is slightly broader than the average messenger bag which means when you put it down it doesn't fall over. This extra width adds to its' attraction for travel.

When my bag arrived there was a flaw, one of the poppets failed. The service from 7dayshop was fast and remedied the issue promptly to my complete satisfaction.
Based on my experience I strongly recommend the bag and the company.
on 19 December 2014
ok
on 25 December 2013
Great item with plenty of storage and with the option inside to adjust the padding depending on what you have with you. The added bonus of a zipped compartment at the back for an ipad etc is great. Also having the option of attaching a tripod to the bottom of the bag is a great idea. Very pleased with this bag
on 19 May 2014
Looked for ages to find a bag that was good value for money and suited my needs. This bag turned out to be ideal. Plenty of space, lots of compartments and pockets, looks good and sturdy. Love the removable internal padded compartments. Only reason I didn't give the full 5 stars was because I would have liked to have the shoulder strap attached with clips, but that is only a minor point, therefore 4.9 stars from me.
on 9 September 2014
I am really pleased with this bag it is exactly what I wanted. It is robust, waterproof, padded and does not look like a camera bag. The padded liner can be taken out and I will often use it as a normal shoulder bag. The zip and straps can provide good security and I use it as my standard bag when abroad for this reason. It is a good size and holds my Nikon D5100 plus iPad and an extra lens and bits with room to spare and I can attach a tripod to straps underneath.
It is versatile, good looking, in a rugged sort of way, relatively cheap and perfect for my needs.
on 2 August 2014
This bag is big. It easily takes my DSLR with an attached zoom lens and a couple more lenses, including a 55-300mm zoom, plus a flash, filters, cleaning stuff and a Macbook pro. I like the fact that it looks like a rather scuffed canvas bag -- more likely to contain fishing bait than expensive kit, so it not so much of a thief magnet (unless you strap a tripod on the outside of course).

Well made too. Heavy duty canvas and well stitched, with robust fasteners. Nice dull gold coloured interior, so you can see your camera bits and pieces. I expect this to last a long time.

Couple of minor complaints -- it is surprisingly heavy. Even without all the kit, it weighs over a kilo. Offsetting this, the strap has a shoulder protector, and it is pretty comfortable to carry. Also, the divider system is not that sophisticated -- just a couple of movable velcro pads; if you wanted to carry a lot of lenses, you'd want them to be in individual padded bags to keep them apart.

An amazing variety of external compartments and straps. I have still not worked out the point of the strap across the back with velcro in the middle. Could be a nightmare if you are at customs trying to remember which compartment you put your passport in.

Would be an ideal bag for hand luggage on a plane, with space for a Kindle and a toothbrush as well as your photographic gear and computer. Why do the other passengers always have take-on bags four times this size?
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 June 2015
4 out of 5 stars, reduced from 5 due to the fact the pop fasteners on the flap don't give a lot of confidence that they will stay closed when all your gear is in the bag. Perhaps a click strap in addition would give more confidence. Having said this, it has not come open on me (YET).
As a camera bag, it does the job well with a lot of room for accessories, It appears strong and well made, with zips that up to now that have not malfunctioned.
As stated before in reviews, because it does not have Canon,Nikon etc plastered all over it,you feel that little bit safer when your out and about with it.
on 6 July 2015
First the negatives - the front pocket zips should close under the flap for added security and the studs which secure the flap are inadequate as day five saw one fall apart. The bag was bought to haul my camera gear around Italy for 3 weeks and did so with no other problems. It even carried all the other bits and bobs for a day on the beach. Kept everything safe from harm and out of sight of prying eyes. Great bag. If I had only kept my wallet and mobile in it too, they would have survived the trip. Kept those in side pocket of shorts, sudden increase in water depth, need I say more?
on 11 June 2014
I like this bag, I was looking around for a camera bag that was a bit different to the standard black ones but most of the ones I found looked like handbags. This one looks good, plenty of space and is comfortable to carry around

I've got a DSLR and 3 lenses and I also carry other bits like a small tripod, the battery charger and a few other bits and they all fit in comfortably. It seems to have some straps to hold a tripod on too, I haven't used these but I expect they work fine.