Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Moana - Listen with Prime Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Mercers Furniture Corona 2 Door Bookcase
Style Name: Traditional|Change

on 3 November 2017
OK for the price it's good but BE CAREFUL, I had to send one back due to missing parts (DPD fault not supplier) but luckily I still had the first one when the replacement arrived as I had to swaps parts. It seemed the person whose job it was to put the pilot holes in the panels got bored and just stopped halfway through, like an idiot I just screwed in a screw and managed to split the wood! So my advise is to follow the (sometimes not very clear) instructions and take your time. It states it will take you 1 hour to build it, that I believe is the time it will take someone who has done these before to do it, give yourself 90 minutes at least. Als don't stay in the same room as the unit for the first few days for long periods of time (like I did) as you'll possibly get a headache, the wood treatment smells but I'm sure can't be helped. Even now nearly a week later I can still smell the treatment.

Overall though a good buy but make sure you check the contents before building (like we should really do).
on 16 August 2017
Ordered two bookcases on Friday, they were delivered on Sunday. Excellent customer service.

Decided to tackle building the first one straight away. The instructions were not brilliant, but not as bad as some reviews had suggested. All the fixings were there, so far so good. I found it easy to build, except that as I was doing it alone, some of the larger pieces were tricky to put together. A couple of the screws hit knots in the wood and could not be properly tightened, even with an electric screwdriver. Overall, it probably took about 4 hours as I did not want to rush it and get it wrong. I would also recommend using wood glue as the dowels are not very long.

I am very pleased with the finished product. It is very solid and steady and the wood smells lovely. I will be tackling the second one this weekend - with any luck it will be much quicker this time.

I will definitely buy from this supplier again.
on 7 January 2017
This is a beautiful piece of furniture. It took me a couple of hours to assemble by myself.
Only thing was instructions showed the bit with the door holders is on the underside of the first shelf, when in fact it should be on the bottom of the unit.
Was a bit unsure of exactly when delivery would be made as I didn't receive any phone call to advise. Luckily it was new year holiday period so was still someone at home.
on 9 April 2017
I wasn't sure what to expect with the price of this item but I was pleasantly surprised, it takes a long time to build and the instructions are a bit sketchy but once built it looks more expensive than it was. The cupboard is generous and so is the depth of the shelves- on the whole very impressed
on 3 June 2017
This bookcase looks good assembled, just sit down and read the instructions properly, put all the fittings separately in little bowls and away you go. We also glued all the dowels and joints, we have no intention of dismantling it again. This bookcase is good value considering the price also included carriage.
on 13 February 2016
This bookcase is fairly easy to put together alone and looks good once it is up. It is fairly sturdy and plenty deep for larger books. My only issue is it is lighter than all my other corona furniture so doesn't quite fit in although nobody else seems to have noticed!
on 8 May 2017
This is brilliant, we bought it as part of a set. It looks great with the other pieces in our front room. We get a lot of compliments on it, people are often surprised with how cheap it was too! Very happy with this product and the set, I highly recommend!
on 27 June 2017
This makes a great storage unit for large books, files, all sorts of stuff. I've got all my IT kit hidden behind the doors, and put some storage boxes in there too, and the printer on a shelf.
on 21 February 2017
Lovely piece of furniture for the price. I was able to put it together (female) bit hard at times but managed it. The instructions aren't too bad and all the pieces were there. Well pleased with the end result.
on 25 October 2017
This is a great piece of furniture for the money, sturdy, easy to put together and looks more expensive. I ordered two, they arrived next day and look great.