Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.49

on 17 November 2013
Another winner from Miranda and for me it is hard to choose between this one and her first novel for a favourite. I preordered this book and as soon as it pinged onto my kindle I was stuck in. It kept me company while stranded at Miami airport and, like Nell, I soon realised that plans don't always go smoothly! Well written, sympathetic characters that stay with the reader and, as always, delivered with Miranda's trademark compassion and humour. I loved it.
VINE VOICEon 27 December 2013
I really enjoy Miranda Dickinson's books and look forward to her new releases each year. Her books are well written, with a good storyline throughout the book.

This book starts with, what many people would say was their worst nightmare. Nell has recently split up with her long term boyfriend, who is also her boss at work, and when she is called into his office one morning, does not expect to be told she, along with many of her work colleagues, is being made redundant. She decides to visit her cousin in San Francisco for eight weeks and forget all her problems until she returns. What she didn't expect, was to meet Max and when she leaves for home, she also leaves a piece of her heart. After her return home, Nell decides to follow her dreams of opening her own restaurant/diner and when help arrives from a surprising source she does not expect what happens next.

I have never been to San Francisco and have never really known anything about the city or surrounding area, however after reading and loosing myself in the book I found myself wanting to know more about the area. This was due to the infectious storytelling style of Dickinson's writing. I enjoyed Nell's travels around the area and would love to visit there myself one day.

The story was well written, with strong characters throughout. The storytelling is fantastic and I really enjoyed the tours around San Francisco and the descriptions of the mysterious pavement art which regularly appears around the city.

Having met Miranda at a local book signing and watching her vlogs online I can hear Miranda throughout the book.. Her infectious laughter and excited chat is throughout the story.

I have recommended this book to lots of my friends and I recommend it to all my blog readers too - it is a fantastic read! Miranda Dickinson is a fantastic author and she brings a smile to my face every time I pick up one of her books.
on 31 December 2013
I absolutely loved this book. I too went to San Francisco this April, with a friend who's daughter was living there. No time was wasted finding our way around, as she took us straight to all the places mentioned in this book! I couldn't believe it, and had to keep reverting to a map of SF on Google maps, with all the street names and places. Beautifully written, and a great story......I shall certainly be buying another of Miranda's books.
on 9 December 2013
kept looking at the reviews, then decided to buy it. started off good, but once in san Francisco, a city i have been to, the story didnt pick up like it should. im half way through it, and at each chapter i think of giving up. still dont know if i wll finnish it, i cant like any of the characters, and i have tried.
on 16 May 2017
Enjoyed the tour of San Fransisco, well written with a good twist at the end.,didn't see that coming. Great read
on 14 October 2015
It is so difficult to maintain consistent drama throughout a trilogy but here it is crafted to perfection and with a suitable sting in the tail..
on 3 November 2016
Great read as always with Miranda Dickinson
on 18 November 2013
Loved it, unexpected twists and turns were awesome but the ending felt rushed, i don't feel like everything was resolved, just that lots of names and faces were thrown in. Other than the last two chapter, pretty good read.
on 3 June 2017
Great
on 28 November 2013
Enjoyed the book more than I thought, it was a quick amazon purchase on the cheaper offers. Ive not read anything by this author before but will look for further books