Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 21 May 2017
this was brilliant i truly enjoyed it thank you
on 3 May 2017
good
on 5 February 2015
I'm a fan of 'The Choir' series. Wonderful viewing. But 'Voices' wasn't for me. If you like etheral type music, then maybe the hype was justified.
It wasn't at all to my taste; I found it annoying. Not mainstream and the hype should indicate the audience!
on 21 December 2013
Just right - what I wanted. Gareth has that magic touch which brings the music to life.
His approach to choirs makes everyone a singer.
on 28 November 2013
I have played this CD at least 6 times in the short time since it arrived It is, in my opinion, a truly wonderful CD. The new arrangements of modern music are both haunting and enchanting The choir singers have fabulous voices It is very different from the normal choir singing one usually hears Well done Gareth Looking forward to the next CD
on 28 April 2014
I bought this CD because I heard this group, with Gareth, perform a song at the finals of the BBC Songs of Praise Choir of the Year recording, in which my daughter's school choir were singing. See broadcast 4th and 11th May 2014.
Gareth's group were obviously talented people and sang a sensitively arranged piece beautifully.
I've got a lot of time for Gareth and think he has done wonderful work raising the profile of community singing for pleasure and in getting people re-engaged in a great and life-enhancing activity.
This recording however is unutterably awful. A totally wasted opportunity. It is false, plastic, synthesised, over-produced, ugly... I simply can't think of enough negative adjectives to describe it. It makes Eric Whitacre sound GOOD, and that is quite a feat in my book. Why take a bunch of talented people like this into a studio and create a recording that doesn't even sound like singing?
In a "worst record ever made" competition, count this in the top three.
on 25 November 2013
In the past I've really enjoyed listening to the music, especially whilst working or completing university work. It wasn't what I originally expected - and that what I like about it. My favourite song within the Album has been to be the arrangement of 'Try sleeping with a broken heart'.
on 28 November 2013
Awesome cd can't wait to hear more from voices. Can't understand the negative feedback- the choir sounds beautiful and nails the choral sound with a modern and pop vibe .
on 21 November 2013
what a joy to see the development from Military Wives to a new fresh sound from a group of young people led by Gareth Malone.
very interesting choice of music and a selection unafraid of challenging the norm - well done and keep up the good work!
on 30 December 2013
I really do enjoy listening to the Choirs that Gareth forms,but for me this cd and the tracks on it are of much of the same.The vocals are in most cases of one pitch and although each Track is fairly ok to listen to,none of them are of a particular reasonable standard.For a cd albumn to be called"Voices",this does not live up to the expectations.It is pleasant enough but is lacking in any depth.
Ed