Format: Audio CD|Change

on 2 November 2014
Marvelously evocative soundtrack from the film.

If you liked the film (and I'm not sure why you wouldn't) treat yourself to the soundtrack. It's sensibly laid out over two cds based on the style of the music rather than the running order of the film.
on 13 April 2014
We'll I first brought the DVD which was magical in itself. I took it one step further and brought the album. Just fantastic. The music is cosmopolitan, thought provoking, creative, and full of energy. This album is an eclectic merge of classical,jazz,blues,clubs with a sophisticated tone of cultural Italy. The album sounds fantastic when your driving home late in the evening, adds atmosphere when you are socialising at home, diffuses beautifully through the air while have a late afternoon/ early evening party in your garden.

Indulge yourself within this album and view the film.
on 22 September 2013
The music for this movie is a wonderful eclectic mix of choral, string quartet & guitar. Strongly recommend it! The original score is particularly moving & powerful.
on 1 April 2014
In order to enjoy this CD, the listener has to see the film and then it all falls into place. Two CD's offering the film soundtrack as well as the musical highlight will have you playing it over and over. A great CD to play for any situation both at home and while driving. Music from all aspects of the spectrum.
on 14 November 2013
This CD is very very good. The music from the film is quite amazing. What is nice is that the music us recorded on two CDs. One with the classical music on and the ohter with the more modern music, which makes listening much better.
on 21 June 2014
I loved Il Divo and was interested by the newspaper reviews of La Grande Bellezza so thought we should watch it. The locations are iconic, the way it was filmed was lovely (what a lame word) and the music was fabulous, particularly the non disco choices. Even the non musical (birdsong etc.) soundtrack was great. Not being much of a film buff or the owner of sophisticated tastes I did yearn for a more coherent storyline. I do speak italian, although I relied heavily on the subtitles as I am out of practice but I am still not totally sure I understood the point of the film. HOWEVER the non disco music (not sure if classical is the right word) is something else. I simply had to have a recording so that I could play it over and over again, especially I lie by David Lang. Not much of a music buff either so I am very grateful to Sorrentino for introducing me to Lang and co. Maybe I am weird but that sort of choral sound makes my hair stand on end - in a good way!
on 5 November 2013
What can I say... but a sublime sountrack with wonderful, elegant music. A welcome addition to any true collector of excellent sounds.
on 6 June 2014
The soundtrack of the movie is true to the wonderful range of music which supported the story. It comprised pure unaccompanied choral, to a string quartet, to ragey party music. It is highly enjoyable.
on 21 October 2013
This two disc box set is a bargain. Well packaged, and nice to own / give. It is almost bound to contain genres of music that buyers will not already own, from euro pop to spooky haunting choral works plus original soundtrack elements. Best CD of the year so far. Mine played on CD and computer.
on 14 October 2013
I loved the film and the CD is fabulous, but it only worked on my computer and not on my CD player. I sent one copy back and received a replacement (free and quick), but same problem with both. I gave the CD to a friend and it works fine on his system. So, if you have an old HI FI, beware.