Customer reviews

Dark Black
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 7 April 2015
Some tracks just stick in the subconcious & never leave you! Her silky voice, the soul searching lyrics & beautifully produced musical accompaniment get replayed not just on my machine but in my head, coming unbidden like a sound track to parts of my life. Some tracks lack this powerful connection but they are still worthy of multiple plays. This album left me wanting more & I watch carefully in the hope that this artist will again find the inspiration & support to create a, for me, long over-due 3rd album.
on 21 August 2015
I bought this album after hearing Kristina perform Dream of Me on the BBC's Jools Holland show. You need this album in your life for 3 reasons: -

1) Kristina Train's voice is in my opinion, the greatest female voice of our time. Truly stunning, capable of a variety of styles and emotions.
2) The songs are all of the highest quality and varied in mood and style (mainly down to working with 4 distinct songwriters for this album)
3) The production of the album is stunning producing a haunting, shimmering echo to the sound of each song...

This is truly the greatest album by a female vocalist that I have bought in many years. Essential.
on 7 October 2016
I discovered Kristina Train on Spotify, I only listened to two tracks and I bought the Album. Shame she has not released anything recently, she has a fantastic voice. New album Rayon City is going to be released early 2018, I've heard some of the tracks at a gig she did in Soho in November 2017 it is definitely on my shopping list.
on 13 April 2018
Very relaxing music. The right side of melancholic.Lyrics exceptionally clearly sung. Similar moods but sufficient variety to maintain interest.
on 18 February 2013
My first Kristina Train Album having heard her live on Jooles Holland. I wasn’t disappointed. Pleasant vocals with an intimate feel. Will certainly be looking out for future music. Production was varied, across the tracks but by and large the soundstage was well managed. Each instrument could be picked out and the melody tracked through the mix. Vocals carried well over the midrange, stereo image was limited but not out of keeping with the overall presentation.
on 21 May 2013
This album is great, I just had to have it. I heard a few seconds on tv in an advert and I said to my wife, who was that singing, I just loved her voice. Kristina Train, got on to internet and listened to Dark Black. Had to have it, so I got it up on my Amazon, hit the button and now I am listening to it on my five speaker setup, heaven. I also bought Spilt Milk at the same time. I think they are the only two albums she has.. Don't matter what she sings, although I like her songs. Its her voice.
on 28 February 2013
First heard Kristina on Magic singing Dream Of Me. This album had not been released so bought her first album "Spilt Milk". Both albums are great and although some of the tracks were not instant they have grown on me and it is hard to fault any of them. I think Dream Of Me should have been a big hit but apart from Magic it did not seem to be played much on mainstream radio which is a pity. The album is smooth as silk and great to just put the lights out and relax to. I think Kristina deserves a bigger UK audience and wish her the best of luck.
on 2 May 2018
Beautiful voice, easy listening and relaxing songs, whether in the car, relaxing in the garden or a romantic evening. Really nice CD.
on 5 June 2018
Excellent cd ...Kristina Train is so tlented
on 6 March 2014
happened to hear this singer on the radio and reminded me of how much i love the song (dark black) so decided to get the album, and what a good choice on my part! Amazing album, service from the seller was excellent, and arrived the next day. Highly recommend this seller.