on 22 August 2014
A top album. The Madness sound is there, but a very individual and fun album.
on 11 June 2013
So, I've been collecting reggae, ska & blue beat for around 40(!) years...I know what I like, and I know what I expect from artists with this pedigree.
The technicals are not inspiring....too many offerings are suddenly cut, as though the producer(s) had lost interest - after a few tracks I was beginning to feel the same.
The underlying sub-bass lines got lost in the mixes (I was playing it using my 2k gig system, btw, not a home 'hi-fi')
Instrumentally, it's fine/competent, if unexciting.
Vocally, when it happens, it's not at all bad, if lacking that 'enjoyment' feel.
A fairly big deal was made of the 'Soon You'll be Gone' track - I suggest you listen to the Blues Busters version, and make up your own mind.
It's a shame, because I really did want to like this, but it's a miss on a lot of points for me - if you are a fan, it's probably worth a punt, but there's a lot more stuff out there, some of it for a lot less dosh, as well.
33 Comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 December 2016
Great album. A must in anyone's ska or Madness collection.
on 19 August 2014
Brilliant album, great to get a digital copy as well.
on 7 December 2014
I bought this after seeing the band, brilliant.
on 13 July 2013
Excellent album from Lee Thompson and Bedders from Madness plus other like minded musicians. Fu Mancu featuring Bitty McClean is worth the price alone. The rest of the album doesn't disappoint either. Top drawer Ska n Reggae tunes!
on 13 July 2014
If you like ska you will love this.
on 10 September 2016
Fast delivery, great item thanks
on 22 November 2015
Great seller, excellent product.
on 28 August 2014