Customer reviews

The Weight Of Your Love
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 20 July 2013
On the face of it this offering is more mainstream than previous Editors work, but as others have commented, it is a fine collection of tracks forgetting what's come before. In fact I expect I'll be listening to this more than any of their earlier albums, simply because it is a less nerve jangling, less challenging experience.

For me the standout tracks are "Sugar" and "Honesty". Nothing really revolutionary here but sounds that get inside you and stick.

Pleased I parted with my hard-earned for this album! :-)
on 11 December 2014
Never heard something so beautiful in my entire life.
on 10 October 2014
excellent stuff.
on 7 July 2013
I had been awaiting Editor's next album since "In this light" and had it on pre-order for quite a while. On first listening it starts out really strong with the title track but seems to lose steam after "Formaldehyde". Nice title for a song but I felt the music did not really support it, unlike "Papillon" or "Eat raw meat" which really hit you and are good titles as well. There is also a lack of a "Walk the Fleet Road" to end the album.

The other aspect of "In this light" which really impressed me on the extended edition was the strength of the songs on the bonus disk, especially the final track "For the money". "The Weight" serves up three extra tracks and acoustic versions of "Hyena" and "Nothing". To be honest I would not have missed any of them.

The running order does flow well including the bonus disk, but the whole is not quite as satisfying as "In This Light". I feel that Editors have taken a step backwards with "The Weight" but it may be a grower. Worth getting but not quite up to their last album in my opinion.
on 13 January 2016
Great tunes!
on 5 October 2014
excellent cd
on 9 July 2013
This cd has received rather bad reviews and with the first listening i tended to agree. I love The Editors and this sounded not the way they should sound.

But after a while I just listened to this cd like it was the first time I heard this group. And what did I hear: Great melodies, fine texts and a fantastic singer.

So just listen to it without prejudices! It is a very good CD! Don't believe in the not so good reviews in for instance "Pitchfork"!