Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 7 August 2017
I am a keen fan of the editors, This is a fine LP with a great set of songs. I love the track 'sugar' as it has a great sound, T rest of the album is very enjoyable and there re great themes in the tracks, This the first editors album I bought on vinyl format.
on 16 May 2017
Brilliant album
on 25 June 2017
far better than the cd
on 30 September 2013
Editors new album - Always like their stuff and this album has yet another selection of songs, that they do well. I will say that this album does not seem to be a step on from the last but that does not mean its not good in its on right.
on 14 November 2013
I read several reviews before buying this album and have to disagree with what most say about it. The truth is Editors are by and large no longer 'a cool band' and I think the reviews reflect that. However, on first listen I thought the band were experimenting with a newish sound and pace. If i'm honest this album was a slow burner for me but having listened intently I believe this album is littered with class. I may be biased in that I saw them live last night and was truly blown away by how good an act they are. All songs sung off this album were right up there in terms of their quality and how they matched previous big hitters like Racing Rats or Papillon for example is testament to how the sound has progressed. All in all the album is superb in its own right.
on 12 September 2013
On first listen we really liked the whole album, but as we have listened more and more 1 gem after another have emerged and planted themselves solidly in our favourites list. "Sugar" is an absolute belter of a song!!
on 3 September 2013
A slow burner, that gradually takes you over with love. The edge remains but is added to by self depreciating humour and real emotion and rawness. Please don't listen to the detractors just buy and repeat play until you realise how much you adore it.....
on 30 December 2013
One of those albums that just gets better with each listen and you never grow tired of! This album has a more pop feel that The Editors usual fayre but highlights their versatility and musicianship. Favourite tracks: What is this Thing Called Love (how does a baritone voice get that high??!!), Phone Book ("Sing me a love song, from your heart or from the phone book') and the 'rocky' Sugar.
on 2 March 2014
I wasn't sure what route this band were going to take after In This Light & On This Evening, but what a follow up. Some absolutely brilliant tracks on this one and the rest of the material does not let down.
on 6 January 2014
I bought this when it was first released and gave it a little listen but didnt follow it. I have just come back to the album in my library and I didnt realise how good it is! Some of the tracks have a bit more emotion in them then previous albums A few "slower" "downtempo" songs are feature don this album, which are done very well. I could almost compare it to the White Lies!